By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – An early morning fire burned up a car inside a local garage, firefighters put it out and then the vehicle rekindled and burned down the building. The Okolona Fire Department was called to Jacob’s Garage, 653 North Church Street, at about 7:30 a.m. Wednesday and found a vehicle […]
Tag Archives | Tucker
Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Okolona Fire Chief Terry Tucker was elected President of the Mississippi Fire Chief’s Association at the 78th annual Mississippi Fire Chiefs’ and Mississippi Fire Fighters’ conference held in Tupelo, last spring. The conference was attended by about 250 Fire Chiefs and Firefighters from around the State of […]
By William Moore Daily Journal OKOLONA – The storms that rolled through early Wednesday morning took their toll on downtown Okolona. Two century-old buildings in the 200 block of West Main Street were destroyed and a third was damaged. And officials are closely watching the buildings on either side. “(Around Nov. 7), we had some bricks […]
Itawamba Community College has scheduled QuickConnect, a come-and-go session for registration and orientation, from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., July 10 and 22, at the Student Affairs offices on both the Fulton and Tupelo campuses. New ICC students including adult learners and transfer students are urged to participate in this opportunity by attending one of the sessions. […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – A man and a child were hurt in a one-vehicle accident that saw a car run off the road, flip and then catch fire. The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department was called to County Road 406 in Trebloc last week with the driver airlifted to North Mississippi Medical Center and an 8-year-old male […]
By JB Clark and Floyd Ingram Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – A warehouse fire Monday night will put a small damper on production at one of United Furniture’s Okolona locations this week. Around 4 p.m. Monday, firefighters responded to the Warren Street location after an employee found what seemed to be a small […]
HOUSTON – Virginia Dopson, 88, died Monday, March 3, 2014, at Floyd Dyer Manor. She was born June 14, 1925. She was a retired Registered Nurse with the civil service and U.S. Air Force nurse at Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi. Graveside services will be held at Mobile Memorial Gardens on Friday, March 7, […]
HOUSTON – At 17, Lakyn Shempert’s plans for the future seemed to be coming together smoothly. The Houston senior had been scouted by community college softball coaches and planned to attend Northeast Mississippi Community College and either cheer or play ball. When she found out she was pregnant, all her plans went on hold. “I […]
OKOLONA — Serving his community is Joseph Henson’s goal as Okolona’s newest firefighter. Henson, an Okolona native, has taken a part-time post with the Okolona Fire Department after finishing his training at the Mississippi Fire Academy in February. “I have been a volunteer firefighter and then I served a couple of tours in the Army,” […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...