By Hank Weisner Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – Things are moving toward the construction of a new school in Houlka with trustees slated to open bids Aug. 25 to replace the building that burned June 30, 2014. Trustees will open bids from contractors and construction companies at 2 p.m. that Thursday. Trustees, their […]
Tag Archives | Tumblin
HOUSTON – “B, bat, buh, C, cat, cuh,” were the sounds coming from the children’s reading room at the Houston Carnegie Lilbrary recently. Tekela Spraggins was leading the youngsters through sounding out the alphabet during the opening of the EARS program at the facility. Spraggins was joined by several other teachers, active and retired, who […]
HOUSTON – Isabella “T” Orr McIntosh, 94, died Wednesday, July 24, 2013, at her residence. She was born March 29, 1919, to Dan and Mary Ida Roseburgh Orr in Prairie. She was a homemaker and lifelong resident of Houston. Services will be at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 30, at Pleasant Plain M.B. Church with Rev. […]
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Collision kills two near Vardaman October 25, 2016
- AP POLL: Mississippi High School Football Rankings, Oct. 25 October 25, 2016
- Toppers ready for Noxubee October 25, 2016
- Lady Toppers close successful season October 26, 2016
- Chris Jones featured on billboards October 28, 2016
- Molly May offers smiles, scarves, hope October 28, 2016
- Moving day at the Museum October 28, 2016
- Houlka aldermen hold budget hearing October 27, 2016
- County formally amends 2016 budget October 27, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...