Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Police have to watch constantly for danger when they pull someone over and tinted windows don’t help. The Houston Police Department is warning residents the state tint law is 28-percent and tinting on the front windows has definite limits. “Traffic stops are one of […]
Tag Archives | Turnipseed
By Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal WREN – A morning wreck on Highway 41 sent three people to the North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo, according to Master Sgt. Criss Turnipseed, public affairs officer with the Mississippi Highway Patrol. A 2011 white GMC pickup driven by Jerry Causey, 39, of Nettleton, crossed into the oncoming […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – A fiery, three-vehicle accident just north of the Highway 15 intersection with Wesley Chapel in Chickasaw County has killed a man and sent two other men to the hospital. Chickasaw County Coroner Andy Harmon said the accident occurred about 12:10 p.m. when a pickup truck allegedly […]
By Stephanie Rebman Daily Journal A Myrtle man died in a Chickasaw County crash Friday afternoon. According to Mississippi Highway Patrol’s Criss Turnipseed, the fatal crash was about 3:30 p.m. on Mississippi Highway 245 about half a mile north of U.S. Highway 45 Alternate. William Browning, 47, was pronounced dead at the scene. His F-250 […]
HOULKA – A teenager visiting a friend in Chickasaw County was involved in an automobile accident last week that sent her to a Tupelo hospital. Sgt. Criss Turnipseed, spokesman for the Mississippi Highway Patrol said initial reports indicate the 17-year-old Fulton resident pulled her Pontiac G6 into the path of a northbound 18-wheeler at the […]
HOULKA – Bad decisions can change a driver’s life in an instant. More than 150 Houlka High School students watched videos and heard Mississippi Highway Patrolman Criss Turnipseed talk about the pitfalls of drinking while driving, texting and doing any kind of activity that impairs driving at a class assembly Friday at Houlka Attendance […]
HOUSTON – One of the first fatalities of the Mississippi Fourth of July holiday was reported in Chickasaw County Wednesday afternoon. The accident occurred about 3 p.m. at the intersection of Egypt Road and Highway 45A in eastern Chickasaw County when a southbound pickup slammed into the rear wheels of an 18-wheeler that was attempting […]
- ICC concert choir performs Monday October 16, 2016
- Calhoun County man dies after Tuesday night shooting October 19, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- Fall Fun and Games Day is Friday October 20, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...