By Dennis Seid Daily Journal TUPELO – United Furniture Industries, which got its start in Okolona in 1982, was greeted like a Hollywood star and long-lost friend at a ribbon-cutting ceremony Thursday in its new showroom at the Tupelo Furniture Market. But United isn’t a stranger to the market – it had long been […]
Tag Archives | United
By Dennis Seid Daily Journal VERONA – United Furniture Industries, already one of the largest furniture industry employers in Northeast Mississippi, hopes to add 300 jobs in the next few years. Next month, the company will open its newest production facility in the former Lane Furniture plant in the Tupelo Lee Industrial Park South. The […]
By Dennis Seid Daily Journal TUPELO – United Furniture Industries was the winning bidder for the former Lane Furniture Industries plant in Verona, and hopes to be building furniture inside the plant by next spring. United offered $1.45 million for the 475,000-square-foot facility, along with 90 acres in the Tupelo Lee Industrial Park South. Doug […]
While many businesses and service providers in Northeast Mississippi opted to close their doors as snow and ice blanketed the area, many others chose to open later in the day or were unaffected by the weather. Location also played a role in how a business responded. South of Tupelo, there were more closures since the […]
There is an old saying that deep pockets solve lots of problems. That is never more true than when it comes to fighting poverty, providing basic health care and information, helping the elderly and supporting programs aimed at building character in our youth. Chickasaw County volunteers gather next week as part of United Way’s […]
HOUSTON – There are always people in need and that means Chickasaw County needs United Way now more than ever. United Way provided $116,302 of assistance to 32 agencies serving people from Chickasaw County last year and those agencies have requested roughly $159,850 this year. “The goal this year for United Way of North Mississippi […]
CEDAR BLUFF – Billy S. Davis, 79, passed away on Sunday, May 19, 2013, at his home in Cedar Bluff. He was born July 2, 1933, in Lamar County, Ala., the son of the late Verdo Clarence and Wilma Cloe Cook Davis. He attended Cedar Bluff United Methodist Church. He was a farmer and automotive […]
Lenten lunch at Houston FUMC Family Life Center will be held at noon today with Sr. Pat Hinton of Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church as guest speaker. Light lunch will be served. There is no charge for lunch, but donations will be given to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association to help the less fortunate. […]
Dr. William F. “Bill” Appleby passed away peacefully, Nov. 6, 2012, in Lake Junaluska, N.C. He was born June 20, 1928, in Drew and was a graduate of Eupora High School, Millsaps College (BA 1950 and Honorary Doctorate of Divinity 1987), Emory University Candler School of Theology (Masters of Divinity 1952) and the Methodist Theology […]
- MHSAA reclassifications announced November 28, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- Houlka Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- Una Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- Locals named to ICC Workforce Council December 5, 2016
- Fuller named to 2016 NMMC All Star Team December 5, 2016
- Okolona addresses radio concerns December 5, 2016
- County discusses CCRCC contract December 5, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Are schools worth fighting for? December 4, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...