By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal TUPELO – Police, community and media working together can stop crime. Crime Stoppers of Northeast Mississippi celebrated its 10th Anniversary Wednesday and honored law officers, media and the members of the community at its annual awards banquet. And Chickasaw County was honored with multiple awards. “We’ve been doing this […]
Tag Archives | Walden
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – More than 136 kids and parents lined the bank at Legion Lake Saturday to try and catch 200 catfish put in the water with more than 190 reeled from the lake by excited kids. The Second Annual Chickasaw Development Foundation/Mississippi Department of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks fishing rodeo […]
HOUSTON – Two pickup trucks were packed with canned good and non-perishable items last week and will be delivered to needy families this holiday season. The Chickasaw County Extension Service partnered with the local Master Gardeners Mississippi Homemaker Volunteers, 4-H Club, Mississippi State University Alumni and WTVA to host Food for Families. Eaton Automotive and […]
HOUSTON – In keeping with the Fourth of July holiday, members of the Houston Business Group (HBG) were treated to hot dogs, chips and drinks in a festive red, white and blue sidewalk setting at State Farm Insurance July 2. The Business Group held an informal discussion about what resources are available to merchants and […]
HOUSTON – Not everyone caught fish but everyone did have fun. The First Annual Chickasaw Development Foundation/Houston Hawg Callers bass fishing club Legion Lake Lunker Fishing Tournament for Kids went off without a hitch as youngsters caught fish and earned $25 checks and medals for their effort. “I’ve got a pond at my house but […]
HOUSTON – He waded ashore on Normandy Beach on July 4, 1944 and was wounded twice in World War II, he then returned to Mississippi, set up a dental practice in Houston and raised a family, helping many people along the way. Dr. Herman Smith, 92, was named the Chickasaw Development Foundation’s Citizen of the […]
HOUSTON – The community will honor its very best next week at the Chickasaw Development Foundation annual banquet and meeting. The economic development event is slated for 6:30 p.m. March 25 at the First United Methodist Church, Family Life Center on North Jackson Street. “This is always one of the highlights of the year for […]
HOUSTON – Grabbing that leisure dollar is easy if the tourist are coming to town, but the secret is to make them want to come and then be ready to serve them when they get here. Michael Jones, of the Mississippi Development Authority tourism division, met with more than a dozen CDF members and local […]
HOUSTON – The Waldens have been Master Gardeners for years and their expertise and eye for landscaping shows in their yard on Hamilton Street. John and Peggy Walden’s home was chosen as the Prettiest Place in Houston by the Houston Master Gardeners recently and John Walden, who has been a Master Gardener since 2006, said […]
- Christmas parades are next week December 2, 2016
- Rinehart enters Kappa Delta Pi December 5, 2016
- Presents for prisoners December 6, 2016
- Hair- Kaylee Martin December 6, 2016
- ICC Band Chickasaw December 6, 2016
- Tis the season to recycle December 9, 2016
- Food For Families drop off is Friday December 8, 2016
- Chickasaw dodges storm December 8, 2016
- Chickasaw burn ban lifted December 8, 2016
- SPORTS ROUNDUP: Prescott earns NCAA honor December 7, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...