OKOLONA – Velma Collins Williams, 87, died Saturday, Jan. 18, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice in Tupelo. She was born Jan. 2, 1927, to Tommie Lee Collins and Gertrude Haynes Collins. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 25, at Clark Chapel M.B. Church. The Rev. William Stevenson will officiate. Williams Memorial of Okolona is […]
Tag Archives | Walker
ABERDEEN –Evenlyn Walker Gates, 59, died Saturday, Dec. 14, 2013, at her home in Aberdeen. She was born Oct. 13, 1954, to Chester Walker Jr. and Mary Lillie Blanchard Walker. She received her education from the Okolona and Aberdeen schools. Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 21, at Charity Full Gospel Church in […]
ABERDEEN – Mary L. Walker, 83, died Friday, Nov. 29, 2013, at her home. Services were at 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, at Belle Funeral Home Chapel. Burial was in Lenoir Plantation Family cemetery in Prairie. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen is in charge of arrangements. Visitation was from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – In a county that is divided by three school districts and multiple athletic teams, one factor joins the students of all three together. Spreading the message of Jesus Christ. Houston, Houlka and Okolona schools all have chapters of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and their members and sponsors agree the message of […]
OKOLONA – Leler Thompson Walker, 83, died Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013, at Golden Living Center in Amory. She was born April 12, 1913, to Lincoln and Charity Thompson. She was a member of Chapel Grove East, president of the Usher Board and treasurer of the Missionary Society. She was a former employee of Shearer Richardson. […]
OKOLONA – Lela Walker died Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013, at Golden Living Center in Amory. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona.
UNA – It was a simple idea – to renovate the old,unused baseball field in Una to be used by children, youth and community members as a fellowship area. As good ideas go, this one has grown to include the installation of a walking track, community building and an annual festival to celebrate community spirit. […]
PRAIRIE – Earlie “Sweet Pea” Walker Jr., 60, died Thursday, March 28, 2013, at home. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen.
PRAIRIE – Bradley Trey Walker Jr., infant, died Wednesday, March 20, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born March 20, 2013, to Shaquitta Rogers and Bradley Walker. Graveside services will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Union Baptist Church Cemetery in Prairie with the Rev. Carl Perry officiating. Fields Funeral […]
PRAIRIE – Bradley Trey Walker Jr., infant, died Wednesday, March 20, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Fields Funeral Home of Okolona.
RANDOLPH – Samiley Aubrey Walker went home to be with the Lord on Wednesday, March 6, 2013. She was a loving mother, grandmother and great-grandmother who enjoyed life. She will be greatly missed. Services will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc. Bro. Jerry Grammer will officiate. Burial will follow […]
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- BREAST CANCER: Know your foe October 24, 2016
- Houston seeks to improve attendance October 24, 2016
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way October 25, 2016
- Smithville rolls over Vardaman October 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Art in the Park is Thursday October 26, 2016
- Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Houlka fights to end against Biggersville October 26, 2016
- Lady Toppers close successful season October 26, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...