LARGE SCHOOLS 1. Starkville (6A) The Yellowjackets finished 14-1 and won the state championship in Rickey Woods’ first season. LB Willie Gay, an Ole Miss commitment, returns to lead the defense. The offense will have a new QB. 2. West Point (5A) The Green Wave just missed reaching the championship game last season but returns […]
Tag Archives | Walnut
By Dennis Seid Daily Journal DERMA – When Wal-Mart Stores Inc. opened its 12,000-square-foot Walmart Express store here 13 months ago, the local newspaper had a photo of a company representative giving a $500 check to the Derma Fire Department. “The next time Wal-Mart was in the paper, they were announcing they were closing,” said […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal It’s official. Myrtle will begin its football program this fall after the Mississippi High School Activities Association approved the request on Thursday. “Everybody is excited,” said Myrtle assistant principal Justin Hollis, who will serve as the Hawks’ coach. “The community is fired up, these kids can’t wait.” Myrtle – which […]
By Dennis Seid Daily Journal TUPELO – Wal-Mart Stores Inc. will close six Walmart Express stores in north Mississippi, impacting nearly 180 workers. But the company said it will offer those employees jobs elsewhere if available. “Our goal is to place as many associates as possible who would like to continue with the company at […]
HOUSTON – The Sundancer car repeated its 13th consecutive victory in the annual Solar Challenge and the Houston Solar Race Team left as much on the road as they brought home. The team, competing in the Open division, faced only one challenger from Walnut, Calif., out-running not only them, but every other car in the […]
WALNUT – Dorothy A. Besinger, 71, died Thursday, June 13, 2013, at her home in Walnut. She was born Feb. 2, 1942, to Douglas and Lodie Mills Dooley. She was a member of Jesus Name Community Church and a homemaker. She was a devoted Christian wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She enjoyed gardening, going to […]
- EDITORIAL: Poor graduation rates August 18, 2016
- Houlka aldermen briefed on annexation August 22, 2016
- West Nile case reported in Chickasaw County August 22, 2016
- Houlka offers dual credit with ICC August 23, 2016
- Sheriff seeks info in cemetery vandalism August 23, 2016
- County fire ratings drop August 25, 2016
- Okolona offense tramples Nettleton August 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Calling for help August 25, 2016
- Man arrested on drug charges August 24, 2016
- Associate Degrees awarded at ICC for Spring 2016 August 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...