EDITOR’S NOTE: Precinct by precinct results can be found in this week’s edition of the Chickasaw Journal found at newstands around Chickasaw County. By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal CHICKASAW COUNTY – Chuquatonchee Creek divides the county physically and Tuesday night election results show it divides it politically. “Candidates have three weeks until the primary runoff,” […]
Tag Archives | Walters
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal CHICKASAW COUNTY – They are used for everything from trimming city property and digging into drainage problem to picking up trash along county roads and general labor at community events. Changes to the Mississippi Department of Corrections policy of sending state inmates to county facilities have local supervisors and mayors […]
HOUSTON – It cost the county attorney fees, it cost a local attorney her job with the board of supervisors and in a round-about way it cost an engineer his job with the county, but the Country Road 4 project is finished. The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors signed a final notice required by […]
OKOLONA – After a lawsuit, court costs and controversy the Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors signed off on work on County Road 4 last week. Supervisors were approached by County Engineer Ed Springer at their regular board meeting Tuesday, June 24 with documents that will close out work that resurfaced 1.39 miles of County Road […]
HOUSTON – Houston High School has released the honor roll for the academic year. Ninth Grade Superintendent’s List Sandy Garner, Rodrigo Hernandez, Malik Lawrence and Alex Springer. Ninth Grade Principal’s List Austin Barfield, Caroline Blakenship, Maggie Flatt, Tori Graves, Trey Griggs, Garrett Harrell, Kayla Mims, Andrew Mitchell, Hunter Moore, Sharia Moore, Harley Nabors, Hayden Powell, […]
SENATOBIA – Goldie Imogene “Jean” Pettit Walters, 85, died Sunday, April 14, 2013, at North Oak Regional Medical Center in Senatobia. She was born Oct. 28, 1927, in Chickasaw County to Clarence Augusta Pettit and Audrie Mae Clark Pettit. She was a homemaker and a member of Faith Baptist Church in Lambert. Services were at […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County closed one of the main roads in the community last week to install culverts under the thoroughfare west of town. County Road 405 – also known at Houston-Thorn Road and Pittsboro Street – is one of the most heavily traveled roads in the community after Highways 15 and 8. Supervisors closed […]
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Charles Cedric Walters, 82, of North Little Rock, Ark., passed away on March 9, 2013. He was born Aug. 27, 1930, to Ed and Lessie Martin Walters in Chickasaw County. He is survived by his wife of 37 years, Martha Walters; daughter, Cindy Reed of North Little Rock; two stepsons, Bart […]
- ICC concert choir performs Monday October 16, 2016
- Fall Fun and Games Day is Friday October 20, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Pilot Club to host pageant October 21, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Lawmakers “examine” MAEP funding October 23, 2016
- BIRTH: Kinsely Brooke Dodd October 23, 2016
- WEDDING: Nichols/Moss October 23, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...