By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – The list of four candidates for a Houlka alderman’s post has been narrowed to two following a special election Dec. 15. Bonnie Burgess Brown and Jerry Turner were the two candidates getting the most votes in last week special election to choose a successor to long-time Alderman […]
Tag Archives | Wiggs
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – Four candidates are running in a special election set Tuesday, Dec. 15 to choose a successor to long-time Alderman David Wiggs, 86, who died last October. According to town records, those seeking the office include: • Bonnie Burgess Brown, 69, a […]
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA — The New Houlka Board of Aldermen looked over changes to the city’s water system and pondered how the state’s new policy for inmate labor will affect the city at a half-hour meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday Aug. 4 at the Town Hall. The Houlka […]
BATON ROUGE, La. — The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi has announced that Elizabeth Wiggs of Houston, was recently initiated into Phi Kappa Phi, the nation’s oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines. Wiggs is pursuing a degree in Education at Auburn University. She is a 2001 honor graduate of […]
HOULKA – Overcrowded lots and loitering around town during the early hours of the morning were addressed by the Houlka Board of Aldermen at their Feb. 4 meeting. The board approved an ordinance to limit the number of residences that may be allowed on one city lot. An average lot is deemed to be approximately […]
CALHOUN CITY – Jackie Wiggs, 69, died Sunday, Jan. 12, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. Services were at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14, at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City. Visitation was from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. Online condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Private John Wiggs was born Western Chickasaw County, fought in the Civil War and was one of the lucky ones who returned home and lived the rest of his life among family and friends. There are still many Wiggs in that part of the county and many can trace their roots […]
HOUSTON – Leslie Joe Wiggs, 74, died Monday, May 6, 2013, at his home. He was born March 29, 1939, to Elmer Bud Wiggs and Robbie Pauline Mayhan Wiggs. He was a retired barber and farmer. He was a member of Midway Baptist Church. Services are Thursday, May 9, at 10 a.m. at Houston Funeral […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...