By Gene Phelps Daily Journal RIDGELAND – Do whatever Jessica Davis is doing. That was the message coach Lee Berryhill had for his East Webster softball team Thursday following its 4-0 Game 1 loss to Taylorsville in the MHSAA Class 2A State Fastpitch Championships. Davis, the Lady Wolverines’ sophomore second baseman, got the only two […]
Tag Archives | Wolverines
Special to the Chickasaw Journal OXFORD – It wasn’t a pretty sight. Bassfield flexed its offensive and defensive muscles Friday in the Class 2A state championship game to rip and roar through East Webster 39-20 and win a fourth consecutive state title. East Webster, which averaged 300-plus yards per game and […]
By Gene Phelps Daily Journal OXFORD – Win or lose today in the MHSAA Class 2A state championship game, East Webster coach Doug Wilson will always have a special bond with his 2015 football team, especially 14 of his 16 seniors. “I coached 14 of them in pee wee football,” said Wilson, whose son, Jack, […]
By Gene Phelps Daily Journal Friday’s Class 2A state championship football game will feature something old and something new from the participating team’s run-oriented offenses. The old is represented by Bassfield’s deceptive and very effective Wing-T offensive attack. “I was a Wing-T guy before I got here,” said Yellow Jackets coach Lance Mancuso. “They were […]
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal CLINTON – Bassfield will visit Oxford on Friday in search of its fourth-straight state Class 2A football championship. The first three haven’t been close, 35-0 over Eupora, followed by 48-7 and 60-35 over Calhoun City. The Yellow Jackets have outscored four 2015 playoff teams 191-62. East Webster coach Doug Wilson, […]
CUMBERLAND – Students at East Webster will start the school year on the campus of Wood Junior College with plans to move them into their new high school in September. The East Webster High School was destroyed by a tornado in April 2011 and moved classes to Wood Junior College six days later. The district […]
by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal RIDGELAND – Alaina Hill may get a street named after her in Cumberland. The junior’s two biggest hits of the season led East Webster to the 2013 MHSAA Class 2A championship. Scoreless in the seventh inning of the deciding third game on Saturday, Hill doubled with two outs. […]
by Gene Phelps NEMS Daily Journal RIDGELAND – When Hayleigh Harper is confident, Enterprise-Clarke’s opponents should beware. Harper, the Lady Bulldogs’ right-handed starting pitcher, recorded seven strikeouts and held East Webster scoreless for six innings Friday in Enterprise-Clarke’s 6-3 victory in Game 1 of the MHSAA Class 2A fast-pitch state championship series. Game 2 is […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – East Webster’s bowling team has definitely found its place in the championship city. After sweeping the regional tournament in Tupelo at Rebel Lanes, the Wolverines were ready to take care of business in Jackson. Starting the day with the best two games of the tournament, the Wolverines took […]
Baseball Scores Games played Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013 Houston 4, Saltillo 1 East Webster 13, South Pontotoc 7 TCPS 13, Sulligent (Ala.) 1 Games played Monday, Feb. 25, 2013 Baseball Ingomar 8, Smithville 3 Mooreville 9, Pontotoc 7 Schedules/Tournament Hatley Tournament Tuesday Sullignet vs. TCPS, 5 p.m. Sulligent vs. Bruce, 7 p.m. Thursday Smithville […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...