Prescott named finalist for Conerly Trophy

Dak Prescott

Dak Prescott

Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott was announced as a finalist for this year’s C Spire Conerly Trophy.

Prescott joins Belhaven wide receiver Greg Livingston and Mississippi College defensive back Dylan Klibert as the first three finalists announced. The 10 senior colleges in Mississippi each make one nomination for the award each year which is presented to the top football player in the state.

Prescott has accounted for 3,417 yards and 32 touchdowns this season. He has completed 60.3 percent of his passes for 2,521 yards and 20 touchdowns while also rushing for 861 yards and 11 more scores.

The Conerly Trophy will be presented on Dec. 2 at the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame and Museum. Fan vote accounts for 10 percent of the vote while the other 90 percent is picked by a statewide panel of media. Fan voting begins on Nov. 25.

Former MSU offensive guard Gabe Jackson took home both the Conerly Trophy and Kent Hull Trophy at last year’s banquet.


I have covered Mississippi State in some capacity since 2004 and joined the Daily Journal staff in 2013. I enjoy short walks on the beach, performing concerts in my car and watching professional wrestling.

Posted in Football Tagged with:

Want Email Updates? Warning... We Update Often

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 635 other subscribers