Mississippi State’s Devon Bell was placed on the preseason watch list for the Ray Guy Award, given annually to the nation’s top punter.
The 6-foot-2, 190-pound senior from Vicksburg has played in 36 games for the Bulldogs over the last three seasons. Bell has punted 74 times in his career for an average of 42.6 yards.
Last year, Bell ranked 23rd in the country with a 43.2 yard average on 50 punts. He pinned 18 balls inside the red zone with a dozen punts exceeding 50 yards.
Bell is one of 25 punters on the Guy Award preseason watch list. Candidates will be announced on Oct. 30 then narrowed to semifinalists on Nov. 13, finalists on Nov. 23 and the winner on Dec. 10 at The Home Depot College Football Awards.
Utah’s Tom Hackett won the Ray Guy Award in 2014.
2015 RAY GUY AWARD PRESEASON WATCH LIST
25 punters are on the Preseason Watch List
• Devon Bell (Sr.), Mississippi State
• Mattias Ciabatti (Sr.), South Florida
• Korey Durkee (Sr.), Washington
• Luke Ferguson (Sr.), Arkansas State
• Will Gleeson (So.), Ole Miss
• Tyler Grassman (Sr.), Buffalo
• Tom Hackett (Sr.), Utah
• Hayden Hunt (Jr.), Colorado State
• Cameron Johnston (Jr.), Ohio State
• Drew Kaser (Sr.), Texas A&M
• Jamie Keehn (Sr.), LSU
• Alex Kinal (Sr.), Wake Forest
• Anthony Melchiori (Sr.), Kent State
• Will Monday (Sr.), Duke
• Peter Mortell (Sr.), Minnesota
• Dalton Parks (Jr.), Tulsa
• Austin Rehkow (Jr.), Idaho
• Drew Riggleman (Sr.), Arizona
• Dalton Schomp (Jr.), FAU
• J Schroeder (Sr.), Western Michigan
• JK Scott (So.), Alabama
• Taylor Symmank (Sr.), Texas Tech
• Alex Tardieu (Sr.), Army
• Justin Vogel (Jr.), Miami
• Logan Yunker (Sr.), UNLV