By Hayden Sowers
As excitement builds for Ole Miss’s matchup with No. 14 Texas this weekend, the Rebels hit the practice field Wednesday in what Hugh Freeze called “an all about business week.”
- Freeze also said, I like our team’s and coaches’ demeanor. We really haven’t treated this week differently then we treated the first two. We have a lot of games that are going to be big games, so we better learn to prepare for them all the same or you get on a roller coaster and I don’t like roller coasters.”
- K Bryson has struggled so far early in the season starting out 0-4 and Freeze was asked about his performance in practice this week and said it had been “solid.” If you would have asked me before the season had I expected Rose to start 0-4 my answer would have been a resounding no.
- Co-OC Dan Werner was asked about Texas’s defensive scheme, “They are going to blitz you every snap. They will bring guys from all over sometimes 3 or 4 at a time from one side and slant the other way. It’s a complicated scheme that causes problems for people.” Werner also said the key for QB Bo Wallace this week was to get the protection right on every play so they can have an opportunity to make plays.
- NT Isaac Gross was held out of practice again today, but Freeze said they expect him to go Saturday.
- The excitement on campus is through the roof for Saturday, but MLB Mike Marry was asked if the team’s energy was different this week, “It is the same for every game. We just want to go out and win the game and not worry about the name so much.”