By Hayden Sowers
- After Tuesday’s practice Head Coach Hugh Freeze seemed a little concerned with the amount of injuries that had hit his team over the past seven days. After Wednesday’s practice he seemed more confident that some of the walking wounded would be able to play Saturday. Said Freeze: “I was real pleased with most of them. I thought Senquez had a really good day. CJ, Aaron, and Keith too. Wesley is not going to be able to go. Aaron Garbutt got released from the hospital today so that’s great news.”
- Look for Senquez Golson, CJ Johnson, Keith Lewis, Aaron Morris, Trae Elston, and Issac Gross, who were all held out of practice yesterday, to be able to play Saturday against Vanderbilt. Wesley Pendleton and Aaron Garbutt are the only two who won’t be able to play, according to Freeze.
- Look for Dehendrent Collins, who started the season at Husky and moved to CB last week, to remain at CB for now, “He’s going to stay at corner. Mike Hilton and Brishen have done a good job at those Husky positions so we’ll leave Collins at corner for now.”
- Both Freeze and DC Dave Wommack talked extensively after practice about Vanderbilt’s ability to change formations and confuse a defense. Wommack also said that Vanderbilt ran more Wildcat than any other team he has ever seen.
- Look for RB Zac Stacy to do it all for Vanderbilt on Saturday. Wommack on Stacy, “Well I think what makes him so good is first of all he is tough. He’s a physical, tough runner. I don’t think he’s a burner, but he does have some deceptive type speed. He sets up his gaps so well. He’s impressive and a good SEC back, no doubt.”