Talented teams face off tonight

From Missouri student newspaper this account of Mizzou’s short-handed trip to Ole Miss. It’s a 7 p.m. tip at Tad Smith Coliseum. TV is listed as Fox Sports Net. Usually that means there’s a 40 percent chance Tupelo Comcast subscribers will see it.

The story linked calls Ole Miss “talented” in the headline, and I agree. The Rebels showed in Knoxville how good they can be when they’re functioning in more than one facet of the game. They will have to hit on all cylinders against a very talented Missouri team on which everybody goes hard to the glass.

Also from Columbia, a good read here on Marshall Henderson from the Daily Tribune’s Steve Walentik.

While Henderson dropped 32 points on Tennessee, equally impressive was Jarvis Summers’ run to open the second half. He scored the Rebels’ first nine points on aggressive moves to the rim, finishing shots or getting to the free throw line and converting there.

If guard play is indeed what defines an NCAA tournament team the Rebels got off to a great start in Knoxville. If Summers plays like that Ole Miss will be a difficult team to contend with provided the senior frontcourt tandem of Murphy Holloway and Reggie Buckner continues to do its thing.

Denham Springs, La., native, Mississippian since 1989 with a stop in Meridian before arriving in Tupelo. Daily Journal beat writer since 1996, covering Ole Miss since 2002. Proud Northeast Louisiana alum. Follow me on Twitter @parrishalford and listen to John Davis and myself daily with The Ole Miss Beat on Rebel Sports Radio.

Posted in Basketball Tagged with: , , , ,

Parrish’s Twitter Feed

Meet the Writers

JD and Parrish

Want Email Updates? Warning... We Update Often

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 778 other subscribers