Monday Morning Update

Spanning the globe on a Monday morning …

Twitter came alive Saturday evening with the “news” that LSU coach Les Miles would resign over an affair with a student. That turned out to be a rumor that became a commercial for the strength and power of social media and how far something can go when it grows legs and takes off.

Here’s the Daily Reveille, the LSU student newspaper.

And this from the Saturday Down South blog which quotes Bruce Feldman of CBS. …

On the court, Alabama visits Ole Miss Tuesday night after a disappointing loss at Florida in which the Crimson Tide had the lead deep into the second half. David Climer of The Tennesseean writes about the weekend of SEC basketball in which the four teams with the most to lose did. …

From the Miami Herald, here’s the local account of the Ole Miss sweep at Florida International over the weekend. The Rebels were 4-1 on the week, and the rankings will come out later today. Ole Miss is currently No. 8 in the Baseball America Top 25. The Rebels are back in action Tuesday at 5 against Southeastern Louisiana, one of the better teams in the Southland Conference. …

Denham Springs, La., native, Mississippian since 1989 with a stop in Meridian before arriving in Tupelo. Daily Journal beat writer since 1996, covering Ole Miss since 2002. Proud Northeast Louisiana alum. Follow me on Twitter @parrishalford and listen to John Davis and myself daily with The Ole Miss Beat on Rebel Sports Radio.

Posted in Baseball, Basketball, Football

Parrish’s Twitter Feed

Meet the Writers

JD and Parrish

Want Email Updates? Warning... We Update Often

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 778 other subscribers