– Interim head coach Brett Frank has applied for the job.
– The official posting of the job came about a week and a half before the end of the season, but communication with any candidate did not begin until after the season.
– The NCAA investigation continues with no indication of when it might be complete.
– Ole Miss officials have approached the subject of the investigation head-on in talks with candidates and are hopeful that their quick and decisive firing of two assistants plus head coach Adrian Wiggins – who was not implicated – and removal of two junior college transfers will mean no additional sanctions by the NCAA.
– Some names that appeared in the search that produced Wiggins have been mentioned, as have names that were a part of the women’s basketball search that Ross Bjork conducted at Western Kentucky prior to taking the Ole Miss job.
– The new coach will have five scholarships to work with in the spring signing period.
Senior women’s administrator Lynnette Johnson: “We’re looking for all the same things we were looking for last year: a solid coach, integrity, a good person, someone who believes in what we believe in at Ole Miss and believes that we can be successful.”