A few odds and ends from the Rebels’ 57-46 win over Wisconsin …
– One, it wasn’t Marshall Henderson’s worst game. He was 4-for-19 from the floor, 3-for-18 from the arc at Mississippi State. Today he was 6-for-21 and 3-for-12. He has made three or more 3-pointers in a game 27 times this year.
– The win was the sixth straight for Ole Miss and tied the school record for wins at 27 — set by the 2001 team the last time the Rebels reached the Sweet 16.
– The 22 points scored by Ole Miss in the first half were a season-low.
– Reggie Buckner’s five blocked shots marked the 19th time this season he’s had three or more blocked shots in a game.
– Henderson has had at least one 3-point basket in all 35 Ole Miss games.
– Wisconsin was appearing in the NCAA tournament for the 15th consecutive season. So much for tournament experience. At one point late in the game UW coach Bo Ryan, upset by foul calls not going his way, called out and asked a ref if he was “just going to give it to them.”
– Sitting behind the Ole Miss bench is something we don’t get to do very often. Some gems from Andy Kennedy included yelling out to tell LaDarius White, “Hey Snoop, we’re in man,” and yelling for Henderson not to shoot on a deep 3 late in the second half. It would have been a bad shot even by Henderson’s standards. Henderson did not shoot and looked over at Kennedy and smiled.
– Murphy Holloway didn’t have a double-double but had a nice stat line with 10 points, nine rebounds, two assists, a blocked shot and two steals in 37 minutes. He had not turnovers and was 4-for-7 from the field, 2-for-4 from the line.
– Terry Brutus and Anthony Perez got in the game, Perez just for a minute. Brutus played nine minutes, with two rebounds and no fouls. He did not attempt a shot.
– Henderson’s 3-point day wasn’t very good but neither was Wisconsin’s. The Badgers were just 7-for-30 from the arc. Ole Miss was 3-for-15 from 3. White was 0-for-1 and Nick Williams was 0-for-2.