A few thoughts from the first practice of spring drills …
– Carlton Martin, a senior and a defensive lineman his entire college career, held his on in 1-on-1 pass rushing drills.
– The first OL today, at least in the portion that I saw, included Laremy Tunsil at left tackle, Justin Bell at left guard, Ben Still at center, Daronte Bouldin at right guard, Robert Conyers at right tackle. That’s probably not a line that sticks for the season opener.
– Bo Wallace video here:
– Redshirt freshman defensive tackle Herbert Moore looked quick off the ball.
– There was a lot of enthusiasm from CJ Johnson. He’ll be held out of most contact, but he was running around and encouraging his defensive teammates.
– Anthony Alford video here:
– Bo Wallace hit Quincy Adeboyejo on a slant route with what looked like an October pass. There were several March passes mixed in too.
– Jeremy Liggins spent the day at quarterback, but does he really need a no-contact jersey? I doubt it.
– Former Ole Miss quarterback Micheal Spurlock has made a career in the NFL on special teams, most recently with Detroit. He was at practice today. I didn’t see any other celebrities.