Rumors of a student making a bomb threat against Itawamba Attendance Center, Monday, were unfounded, according to Itawamba County school officials. In an official statement, Superintendent of Education Michael Nanney said no bomb threat was made. School officials did, however, work with local law enforcement to conduct a thorough investigation of the claim. A search […]
Tag Archives | Bomb Threat
Turns out that bomb threat at Anytime Fitness in Fulton was just a joke. Unsurprisingly, local police don’t find it all that funny. “It was just a prank between friends,” said Fulton Police Chief Reggie Johnson, speaking of the Aug. 3 phone call that evacuated the business, closed Mueller Road and required a search of […]
An ongoing investigation has been launched into a false bomb threat called into a Fulton business Monday morning. According to officials with the Fulton Police Department, a male caller used an unlisted number to call Anytime Fitness, located on Mueller Road, and claim a bomb had been placed inside the bathroom. Police were alerted at […]
• An Ohio man has admitted to making more than 100 fake bomb threats to public buildings, including the Itawamba County courthouse. An ex-convict pleaded guilty last week to making more than 100 telephone bomb threats to courthouses and other public buildings in five states, including at least 30 in Mississippi — Itawamba County included — […]
While last week’s bomb threat at the Itawamba County courthouse turned out to be a hoax — just a part of a statewide series of similar fictitious reports — Itawamba County Sheriff Chris Dickinson said it was better to be safe than sorry when dealing with people’s lives. That’s why both the courthouse and many […]
Itawamba County law enforcement officials have given the all-clear to the Itawamba County courthouse in downtown Fulton following a Wednesday afternoon bomb threat. According to Sheriff Chris Dickinson, an hour-and-a-half search of the courthouse turned up no evidence of a bomb. Courthouse employees are expected to return to work Thursday morning. “This is just a […]
- Errors continuing to wreak havoc on Eagles March 22, 2017
- Continued support helps expand Crossroads Ranch’s dream March 24, 2017
- Jail bills head to governor March 28, 2017
- Lady Indians blank Tremont behind Wood’s no-hitter March 29, 2017
- Question of the Week – March 29 March 29, 2017
- County supervisors begin to tweak county rulebook March 29, 2017
- Anti-smoking law exhales this Sunday March 29, 2017
- Marina owners want boat slips on Fulton tax roll March 29, 2017
- Traffic stop ends in meth bust March 29, 2017
- Police net multiple drug arrests at local Walmart March 29, 2017
- Becky Threlkeld: I think this is a beautiful idea! What a precious ...
- Joshua Ballard: OMG I love it. Why did you get called fake? You re...
- Perry Newton: I'm glad to see it happen! Would like to play mus...
- Gordie Macivor: Goodness Gracious!!I hope the 2 people that voted ...
- UNKNOWN: It was helpful really it was i was joking...