2010 theater festival comes to Lyric Theatre
– Technically, the Mississippi Theatre Association Festival opens today, but the plays and workshops will start on Friday.
Plays will be staged at the Lyric Theatre and Tupelo High School Fine Arts Auditorium, and other events will take place at other downtown Tupelo locations.
Full registration is $35/MTA members and $45/non-members. Tickets are $5/block of shows, $15/day pass for shows and $25/weekend pass for shows.
Call (662) 844-1935, and find a complete schedule at www.mta-online.org.
Dulcimer group plans free show Saturday
– Members of the North Mississippi Dulcimer Association will showcase their ability on Saturday.
The free event will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Natchez Trace Parkway Visitor Center in Tupelo. Call (662) 680-4027.
Rushing to perform Elvis songs at Link
– Tribute artist Dale Rushing will channel Elvis Presley at 6:30 p.m. Saturday at Link Centre.
Tickets are $15, and proceeds will go to Mooreville High School. Call (662) 690-6899.
Hayride will feature variety of musicians
– The Tallahatchie Hayride will be 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday at the Powerhouse Community Center in Oxford.
The event will feature Country Jack and the Silver Eagle Band, Ben Hall, Hannah Turner and more.
Tickets are $8/advance and $10/day of show. Call (662) 236-6429.
Disc golf players invited to Ice Bowl
– Brave the cold during the 2010 Disc Golf Ice Bowl at Tishomingo State Park on Saturday.
Registration will be 7:30 to 9 a.m. with a players’ meeting at 9 a.m. and tee-off at 9:30 a.m.
Bring non-perishable food items or canned goods for local charities. Call (662) 438-6914 or 279-2101.
NEMS Daily Journal