Twice the Laughs
What’s better than one Rodney Carrington show? Two Rodney Carrington shows. The comedian will bring the laughs to the Millennium Theatre in the Gold Strike Casino in Tunica on both Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. Tickets are $49.95 plus tax. For more information visit goldstrikemississippi.com.
Library will deliver a pair of story times
- The Lee County Library in Tupelo has a double dose of story time planned for today.
Events are scheduled at 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., and both are free. Call (662) 841-9029.
Farmer’s Market will entertain kids today
- The Tupelo Farmer’s Market will present a family friendly event today.
Kids are invited to take part in a free “Veggie Art” session at 6 p.m. Call (662) 841-6598.
Three folk events set for North Mississippi
- The Link Centre will host the Yocona International Folk Festival on Saturday.
From 10 a.m. to noon, there will be a free children’s program with music, dancing and more.
From 7 to 9 p.m., there will be performers from Tennessee, Finland and Singapore. The cost is $10/adults and $5/students and seniors.
In addition, the evening show will be presented at 7 p.m. Sunday at the University of Mississippi’s Grove stage. There’s no charge, but donations will be accepted.
For more, visit www.yoconafestival.org, or call (662) 801-3438.
Theater needs actors for its season opener
- Tupelo Community Theatre will open its 2010-11 season with “The Fantasticks.”
Auditions will be 3 p.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. Monday at the Lyric Theatre in downtown Tupelo.
For more information, call (662) 844-1935.
Library will present family music night
- The Pontotoc County Library in Pontotoc will have family music night on Friday.
The free event will start at 6:30 p.m., and snacks will be provided. Call (662) 489-3960.
Free screening of ‘E.T.’ scheduled for Cooper Park
- New Albany’s “First Friday” will feature a free screening of the movie, “E.T.” at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Cooper Park.
In addition, Max Victory will perform music from the 1980s. Popcorn will be free, and water and Reese’s Pieces will be available.
Bring lawn chairs, blankets and picnics. Call (662) 316-2689.
Daily Journal reports
NEMS Daily Journal