She’ll Get You, ‘My Pretty’
The Wicked Witch makes life difficult for Dorothy and her friends in Tallahatchie River
Players’ production of “The Wizard of Oz.” The play will be staged at 7 p.m. Friday and
Saturday. Tickets are $10. Call (662) 534-3438.
Both dancers and actors invited to Tupelo tryouts
– There are a trio of audition opportunities available in Tupelo:
– Tupelo Ballet Company – 4 p.m. today, Tupelo Academy of Dance Arts, Tupelo. $10 fee. Call (662) 944-1928, or visit www.tupeloballet.com.
– Civic Ballet – today, North Mississippi Dance Centre, Tupelo. $10 fee. Call (662) 871-2315 to reserve a time.
– Pied Piper Playhouse’s “Fairy Tale Courtroom” – 2 p.m. Sunday and 6:20 p.m. Monday, Milam School auditorium, Tupelo. For grades 4 to 12. Call (662) 844-1836 or 678-3884.
‘Paint the Town’ artists’ reception will be Friday
– An opening reception for GumTree Museum of Art’s “Paint the Town” will be 5 to 7 p.m. Friday.
The exhibit features work by members of the Mississippi Painters Society. It will be on display until Sept. 14. Call (662) 844-2787, or visit www.msartists.com.
Car museum will host automotive swap meet
– The Tupelo Automobile Museum will host a car swap meet from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
Vendors will sell parts, books and memorabilia. There’s no charge to shop. Call (662) 842-4242, or visit www.tupeloauto.com.
Clifton’s paintings on display at library
– Paintings by Tupelo artist Billy Clifton will be on display until Aug. 27 at the Pontotoc County Library.
Clifton will attend an artist’s reception from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the library. Learn more by calling (662) 489-3960.
Ole Miss dance club to meet on Saturday
– The Ole Miss Ballroom Dance Club will meet from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday at the University of Mississippi’s Johnson Commons Ballroom.
Dress is casual. Admission is $8/members, $12/non-members, $5/student members and $9/student non-members. Call (662) 234-8530, or visit www.ombdc.com.
Daily Journal reports
NEMS Daily Journal