2010 Chili Fest will take over downtown today
- Everyone’s invited to the 2010 Chili Fest in downtown Tupelo today.
Lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., and it’ll cost $5. Music will be provided by John Milstead.
Dinner will be served at 5 p.m., and tickets are $10. Mr. Lucky will perform at 5:30 p.m., and Ironwood Bluff will perform at 8 p.m.
Call (662) 841-6598, or visit www.tupelomainstreet.com.
Script consultant to give screenwriting workshop
- Hollywood script consultant Kathie Fong Yoneda will lead a workshop, “Knowing the Business and Craft of Screenwriting.”
The workshop will be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the BancorpSouth Conference Center. The cost is $75/adults and $65/students and seniors. Call (662) 841-6521.
Aberdeen to present Bukka White Festival
- The Bukka White Festival will run Friday and Saturday on the banks of the Tenn-Tom Waterway in Aberdeen.
Music will be provided by Cedric Burnside & Lightnin’ Malcolm, Super Chikan & The Fighting Cocks, Big George Brock and more. Call (662) 369-6488.
‘Strega Nona’ will hit the stage at Ford Center
- “Strega Nona, the Musical” will be performed at 3 p.m. Saturday at the University of Mississippi’s Ford Center.
Tickets are $10/adults and $5/children under 18 at the Ole Miss box office in the Student Union or the Ford Center box office. Order by phone at (662) 915-7411, or visit www.fordcenter.org.
Bland, Sledge team up for concert on Saturday
- Bobby “Blue” Bland and Percy Sledge will perform at the Riverwalk in Columbus on Saturday.
Gates will open at 5 p.m., and the music will start at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $20 at www.columbus-ms.org or at the gate.
NEMS Daily Journal