Hops and Stops event will tour downtown
- The 2010 Hops and Stops tour will be 5 to 9 p.m. today at downtown Tupelo stores.
Participants will sample different beers at a variety of locations. The tour will end at the GumTree Museum of Art.
Tickets are $20. Call (662) 841-6598.
Tracy Savery Davis coming to GumTree
- An opening reception for Tracy Savery Davis’ exhibit at the GumTree Museum of Art will be 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. today.
Davis will have a trunk show at the museum from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday. It’s free. Call (662) 844-2787.
Indie Film Series to screen ‘Burning’
- The Indie Film Series will feature “Burning in the Sun” at 7 p.m. Thursday at Link Centre’s Black Box Theatre.
Tickets are $5, and that includes popcorn and a drink. Call (800) 533-0611.
Arena to offer hockey followed by skating
- Mississippi State University’s ice hockey team will play Auburn University at 7 p.m. Friday and 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo.
Tickets are $6/box office or $6 plus fees/online or phone orders. They’re available at the box office, Ticketmaster outlets, www.ticketmaster.com, www.bcsarena.com, (800) 745-3000 and (662) 841-6528.
After both games, public ice skating will be available. It’s $5 for one hour on Friday and $7 for two hours on Saturday. Call (662) 841-6573.
Link Centre comedy show set for Friday
- Link Centre will host a comedy variety show at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
It’ll feature performances by comedian Jack Willhite and the West of Shake Rag improv troupe, as well as screenings of two “Purdie” films by Rex Harsin.
Tickets are $8/at the door and $6/advance. Call (662) 690-4011.
Monster truck show coming to Agri-Center
- A TMS Monster Truck event will roll into the Lee County Agri-Center in Verona at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
Tickets are $18/advance for adults, $20/at the door for adults, $5/3 to 12 on Friday, $10/3 to 12 advance on Saturday, $13/3 to 12 at door on Saturday, $20/VIP pass advance, $25/VIP pass at door, and free/2 and under.
Tickets are at the Agri-Center, and Shoe and Boot Outlet in Tupelo, or call (520) 705-5852.
Southside features Dunlap, Moorehead work
- The Southside Gallery in Oxford will feature paintings by William Dunlap and sculptures by Rod Moorhead.
The work will be on display until Nov. 27. A free opening reception will be 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. today. Call (662) 234-9090.
NEMS Daily Journal