Cruise will welcome classic car owners
- Colorful classic cars will roll into town Friday for the 2009 Tupelo Blue Suede Cruise.
The event will continue until Sunday at the BancorpSouth Arena. Phil Dirt and the Dozers will perform classic rock ‘n’ roll at 5:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday nights.
It’s $45 to register a car, but most activities are free if you want to drop by and check out the hot wheels.
Call (662) 842-4242, or visit bluesc.com.
Everyone’s invited to Kentucky Derby Party
- The 11th Kentucky Derby Party will be 3 to 9 p.m. Saturday at 419 and 425 Robins St., Tupelo.
The event will feature a hat contest, live music, door prizes, live and silent auctions, mint juleps and more.
Tickets are $30/per person and $255/table of 8 at Go Creative Athletics & Arts, Reed’s GumTree Book Store and Way-Fil Jewelry. Call (662) 842-1891.
TCT seeking singers for youth production
- Tupelo Community Theatre will hold auditions for its summer youth production at 2 p.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. Monday in the Tupelo High School chorus room.
“The Music Man Jr.” has singing roles for fourth grade students to college sophomores. Production dates are June 18-20. Call (662) 844-1935.
Cash tribute artist to play at fairgrounds
- David Smith, a Johnny Cash tribute artist, will perform at 7 p.m. Friday at the Union County Fairgrounds in New Albany.
Tickets are $5/general admission and free/10 and under with adult ticket-holder. Call (662) 538-6960 or 538-5466.
George Jones will perform Saturday
- Country legend George Jones will perform at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Crossroads Arena in Corinth.
The show will include a tribute to Conway Twitty. Ticket prices are $39, $29 and $19. They’re available at the box office, (662) 287-7779 and www.crossroadsarena.com.
M. Scott Morris/NEMS Daily Journal