By NEMS Daily Journal
Bart Mason Band to play at Link Centre Concert Hall
– The Bart Mason Band will put on a show at Link Centre Concert Hall in Tupelo.
The concert will start at 7:30 p.m. Friday. Tickets are $10/adults, $5/students and free for Link Centre Sustaining Members. Learn more by calling (662) 690-4011.
Natchez Trace to give free wildflower walk
– Take a walk on the wild side beginning at 9 a.m. Saturday in Tupelo.
A wildflower walk will be conducted at Chickasaw Village at Natchez Trace Parkway. It’s free, but you’ll want to wear sunscreen and comfortable walking shoes. Call (662) 680-4048.
GumTree Museum plans art workshop for kids
– The GumTree Museum of Art will host a kids’ art workshop from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
It’s for kids from kindergarten to fifth grade. The cost is $25/museum members and $30/nonmembers. Lunch and supplies are included. Call (662) 844-2787, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hog roast will include variety of entertainers
– You’re invited to a free hog roast on Saturday at 3505 Hornes Crossing Road in Tremont.
Entertainment will start at 11:30 a.m., and food will be served at 12:30 p.m. Performers will include Earl Wood and Fulton Bluegrass, plus Still Blessed, Heavens Highway, Chosen and more. Call (662) 891-0200.
Sunset Series continues with songwriters’ group
– The Summer Sunset Series will continue 7 to 9 p.m. Sunday with a performance by The Oxford Songwriters Association.
The show will take place at the University of Mississippi’s Grove, and it’s free. To learn more, visit museum.olemiss.edu.
Jerrolds, Pine Ridge Boys to put on bluegrass show
– Lisa Lambert and the Pine Ridge Boys will perform at 7 p.m. Friday at the American Legion Building in Iuka.
They’ll be joined by Wayne Jerrolds, a former member of Bill Monroe’s Bluegrass Boys. Donations will be accepted. Call (662) 293-0136, or visit www.lisalambertmusic.net.