By NEMS Daily Journal
‘The Cuckoo’s Nest’
McMurphy (David Maxedon) thinks a stay at a mental hospital is easier than a jail work detail. He’ll find out otherwise in Corinth Theatre-Arts’ “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.” It’ll be staged at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at the Coliseum Civic Center in Corinth. Tickets are $12/adults and $6/students. Call (662) 287-2995.
‘Tomato Plant Girl’ play to be staged
– A performance of “The Tomato Plant Girl” will be presented at 7 p.m. today at the Lyric Theatre in Tupelo.
The show is free. Call (662) 844-1935. A study guide is available at www.tct.ms.
Pied Piper presents ‘OZ’ musical at Milam
– Pied Piper Playhouse will stage the musical, “OZ,” at Milam Elementary School auditorium.
Shows will be 7 p.m. Friday, 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $5/adults and $3/students. Call (662) 678-6455 or 842-9031.
Balloon festival joins with azalea festival
– The Up, Up & Away Hot Air Balloon Festival will combine forces with the Presley Heights Azalea Festival this weekend.
Events will be Friday and Saturday at Veterans Park in Tupelo. Call (662) 509-0128, or visit www.upupnawayfest.info.
Outta St8 Boyz plan CD listening party
– The hip-hop group, Outta St8 Boyz, will have a CD listening party from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Skatezone.
The event is $8/at the door, and the CD, “Party Animal,” is $3. Call (662) 841-1260 or 255-4259.
TCT schedules auditions for summer youth show
– Tupelo Community Theatre Summer Youth auditions will be 10 a.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday.
The show is “Alice in Wonderland,” and it’s open for kids from fourth grade to high school. Students will read from the script and sing. Call (662) 844-1935.
33rd railroad festival set for downtown Amory
– The 33rd Amory Railroad Festival will run today through Sunday.
Events will be centered around Frisco Park. Learn more at www.amoryrailroadfestival.com.
Thomas to perform songs from latest CD at library
– Eddie Thomas will perform songs from his CD, “Maggie’s House,” from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday.
The event will be at the Iuka Public Library, and a light lunch will be available for $2. Call (662) 423-6300, or visit www.eddieandfrank.com.
Blue Mountain College to host literary event
– The 75th Southern Literary Festival will be held Thursday to Saturday on the Blue Mountain College campus.
Sam and Mary Donnelly Haskell, Margaret McMullan, Robert Hamblin, Robert Dalby, Ben McClelland and George Kehoe will discuss literature with students, faculty members and visitors.
The festival is open to the public, and there’s no charge. Find a schedule at www.bmc.edu/slf.