By NEMS Daily Journal
Southern Light reception scheduled for today at library
- The Southern Light Collaborative will have an opening reception for its photography exhibit at 6 p.m. today at Lee County Library’s Helen Foster Auditorium.
The exhibit will feature 60 images, which will be on display throughout October. Call (662) 841-1757 or 610-0815.
Audience members set to vote at Manhattan Short Film Festival
- Audiences will decide the winner of the 13th Manhattan Short Film Festival at 6:30 p.m. today.
The Tupelo Commons Malco will screen 10 short films, and votes will be tallied from around the world. Tickets are $6 at the Tupelo Convention and Visitors Bureau or at the theater before show time.
Call (800) 533-0611 or (662) 841-6521, or visit www.tupelofilmfestival.net.
Pied Piper will hold auditions for ‘Night Before’ on two days
- Pied Piper Playhouse will hold auditions at 2 p.m. Saturday and 6:30 p.m. Monday at Milam School Auditorium.
The play is “The Night Before Christmas.” It will be staged Nov. 18-21. Call (662) 869-3728 or 346-3899.
TCT planning auditions for season’s second show
- Tupelo Community Theatre will hold auditions for “The Man Who Came to Dinner” at 6:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday at the Lyric Theatre.
Parts for 23 men and women age 20 and older are available. Production dates are Dec. 9-11. Call (662) 844-1935 or visit www.tct.ms.
Shiloh military park will offer free interpretive hikes next week
- Shiloh National Military Park will offer free hikes interpreting the Battle of Corinth from Sunday to Tuesday.
They will be 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Sunday; 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday; and 1 p.m. Tuesday. Call (662) 287-9273.
Algoma, Okolona plan their festivals for the fall
- You’ve got two choices for festival fun on Saturday:
• Algoma Cross-Tie Festival – Crafts, flea market, motorcycle ride and more.
• Okolona Fall Festival – Cooking contest, music, pet show and more.