By NEMS Daily Journal
TCT to serve screams at 2010 Haunted Theatre
– Tupelo Community Theatre’s Haunted Theatre will be open at 7 p.m. today, Friday and Saturday, as well as Oct. 28-30.
Tickets to the event at the Lyric Theatre are $10. To learn more, call (662) 844-1935.
Let your inner ‘Rocky’ free; do the ‘Time Warp’ at museum
– If you want to do the “Time Warp,” drop by the GumTree Museum of Art on Friday for a “Rocky Horror” experience.
The adult costume party will run from 7 p.m. to midnight. With help from the Tupelo Film Commission, a cult classic film will be screened at midnight. All fans of the distant galaxy, Transylvania, are invited.
Tickets are $10/advance and $12/at the door. Call (662) 844-2787.
Comedy, gospel play coming to auditorium
– The comedy gospel play, “Church Mess,” will be presented at Tupelo Civic Auditorium at 6 p.m. Saturday.
Tickets are $25/advance and $40/at the door. Call (888) 977-2282, ext. 100, or visit www.churchmess.com.
TCT plans auditions for ‘Dixie Swim Club’
– Auditions for Tupelo Community Theatre’s production of “The Dixie Swim Club” will be 2 p.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. Monday.
It features five women who age from 40 to 70 during the play. Auditions will be at the Lyric Theatre. Call (662) 844-1935.
NEMCC will present several one-act plays
– Actors at Northeast Mississippi Community College will stage a series of one-act plays.
They will be staged at 7 p.m. today to Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at Hines Hall Auditorium. Tickets are $5. Call (662) 720-7304.
Teens to tell stories for Halloween season
– St. Peter’s Episcopal Church in Oxford will host a pair of Pumpkin Patch Telling events this weekend.
At 5:30 p.m. Friday, Telling Teens will entertain kids of all ages. They’ll do it again at 6 p.m. Sunday.
The North Mississippi Storytellers Guild event is free, but the pumpkins will cost you. Call (662) 234-0550.