By NEMS Daily Journal
Get kids out of the house, into story time
– If you’re looking to get the kids out of the house, it’s story time at the Lee County Library today.
The fun will start at 10 a.m., and another story time is scheduled for 10 a.m. Dec. 30. It’s free. Call (662) 841-9029 for more information.
Arena offers several ice skating sessions
– Bancorpsouth Arena will offer public ice skating at 1 and 4 p.m. today, as well as from Sunday to Thursday, Jan. 30.
The cost is $7/at the door, and no hockey equipment is allowed. Call (662) 841-6573.
Museum display spotlights antique toys made in Tupelo
– Oren Dunn City Museum’s display of Rich Toys will be featured until Dec. 30.
It includes antique toys made in Tupelo, and a Christmas tree collection. Admission is $3/adults, $2/seniors and $1.50/3-12. Call (662) 841-6438, or visit www.orendunnmuseum.org.
THS’ ‘Urban Life’ exhibit nearing end of its run
– Officially, the Tupelo High School AP Art Studio exhibit at the Lee County Library will end on Dec. 30.
Karen Barclay, THS instructor, said she may wait until early January to take it down, but don’t wait too long. The “Urban Life” exhibit is free. Call (662) 841-9013.
Dancers invited to Lazy L for Christmas Eve event
– If you feel like cutting a rug on Christmas Eve, visit the Lazy L in Rienzi.
The Christmas Eve dance will last from 7 p.m. to midnight. There’s a $5 cover charge, and it’s free to kids under 16. Call (662) 423-6233.
Santa battles Snowman at Pink Palace Theater
– The movie, “Santa vs. the Snowman,” has become a holiday classic at the Pink Palace Museum’s CTI IMAX Theater in Memphis.
It’ll be shown until Dec. 31. Tickets are $8/adults, $7.25/seniors and $6.25/children 3-12, and group rates are available. Call (901) 320-6362, or visit www.memphismuseums.org.