After leading a victorious invasion, Tully (Dan Marsh) receives a proposal from his monarch (Brittany Raitt) in Corinth Theatre-Arts “The Mouse that Roared.” The play will be staged at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at Crossroads Playhouse. Tickets are $10/adults and $5/students. Call (662) 287-2995.
Kids can play with trucks, equipment
- Tupelo Parks and Recreation’s 2009 Touch-A-Truck event will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Sportsplex parking lot.
All types of vehicles and equipment will be available for children ages 12 and under to climb on. Horns and sirens will be fair game.
It’s free. For more, call (662) 841-6440.
Dulcimer association to perform Saturday
- Members of the North Mississippi Dulcimer Association will perform from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
The free show will be at the Natchez Trace Parkway Visitors Center in Tupelo. Call (662) 680-4027.
Filmmaking class focuses on short movies
- A filmmaking class will open from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday at Itawamba Community College’s Tupelo campus.
The class will meet on Mondays until Oct. 5. It’s designed to take students through the steps of making a short film. The fee is $55. Call (662) 620-5240.
Ballroom dance club plans Ole Miss party
- The Ole Miss Ballroom Dance Club’s “School Days Dance Party” will 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday at the University of Mississippi’s Johnson Commons Ballroom.
Admission is $8/members and $12/non-members, and students get a $3 discount. Call (662) 234-8530, or visit www.ombdc.com.
Observatory features free lecture on Friday
- The Rainwater Observatory in French Camp will present a free lecture, “Planets Around Other Stars.”
It will be 7 p.m. Friday. After the talk, the telescopes will come out if weather permits. Call (662) 547-6377, or visit www.rainwaterobservatory.org.
NEMS Daily Journal