By NEMS Daily Journal
The Tupelo Middle School Splash will present “Rain or Shine” at 7 p.m. Friday and 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday at Tupelo Civic Auditorium. Tickeets are $6. Songs will include “No Rain”, “Ain’t No Sunshine,” “Hear Comes the Sun” and “Blue Skies.” Call (662) 840-8797.
Van Cliburn finalist to perform with TSO
– Mariangela Vacatello, 2009 finalist at the Van Cliburn International Piano Competition, will perform with the Tupelo Symphony Orchestra.
The concert will be 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Link Centre Concert Hall. Tickets are $20/advance, $25/at the door and $10/students. For more, call (662) 842-8433.
Symphony will take its show on the road
– Tupelo Symphony Orchestra and pianist Mariangela Vacatello will take the show on the road on Sunday.
They’ll perform at 2 p.m. at the Ciné Theatre in New Albany. Tickets are $15/adults and $10/students. For reservations, call (662) 534-3438.
Amory Railroad Festival starts today at park
– The 32nd edition of the Amory Railroad Festival will chug into Northeast Mississippi today.
The event will run today to Sunday at Amory’s Frisco Park and assorted downtown locations. There will be music, arts, crafts, food and more. Call (662) 256-7194, or visit amoryrailroadfestival.com.
‘Harold’ bringing his crayon to Ford Center
– “The Adventures of Harold and the Purple Crayon” will be staged at the University of Mississippi’s Ford Center.
The show will be 3 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $12/adults and $6/children under 18 at the Ole Miss box office and Ford Center box office. Call (662) 915-7411.
Latin jazz group to play at MSU
– Tiempo Libre will perform Latin jazz at
7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Mississippi State University’s Bettersworth Auditorium in Lee Hall.
Tickets are $15/adults, $12/MSU staff and seniors, and $8/children. Call (662) 325-4201, or visit www.tiempolibremusic.com.
Daily Journal reports