For more information on adoption of older children and siblings:
– Families of Adopted Children Experiencing Success (FACES), a nonprofit support group for adoptive parents and their children, was founded by a group of families who recently adopted special needs (older or multiple siblings) children. The group’s next meeting is Nov. 16, from 1 p.m.-4 p.m. at Belden Baptist Church. For more information, call Vaughn and Pam Hale at 840-8252, or Pat and Jean Walls at 840-6818.
– FACES support group will be at the Barnes Crossing Mall Nov. 25 through Dec. 1 to celebrate National Adoption Week by offering free educational materials to the public. Information, pictures, videos and applications will be available at the booth. For more information, call the numbers listed above.
– For more information on children available for adoption through the Department of Human Services, call Margie Shelton at 728-8020.
– The Mississippi Families for Kids Initiative is currently recruiting adoptive families for Mississippi’s waiting children. For more information, contact Mississippi Families for Kids, 1900 North West St., Suite B, Jackson, Mississippi 39202, (phone) 1-800-241-5437.
– For information about the Harden House Adoption Program, contact Patricia Digby at (601) 844-8989 or (601) 862-3515.