Submit new groups and updates to email@example.com.
ACTS – Alcohol Chemical Treatment Series – is a curriculum-based self-help, recovery and educational program for anyone wanting to recover from alcohol or drugs, and their families. ACTS meets from 6 to 7 p.m. every Tuesday at Cedar Grove United Pentecostal Church on North Veterans Boulevard, Tupelo. ACTS is free. Call 844-9637.
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women working to solve their common problem of alcoholism. There are no dues or fees.
• Tupelo: 38 meetings are offered. Call (662) 844-0374 or visit www.aa-mississippi.org for listings.
• There are also meetings in Aberdeen, Ackerman, Amory, Ashland, Belmont, Booneville, Bruce, Calhoun City, Corinth, Fulton, Holly Springs, Houlka, Houston, Iuka, Mooreville, New Albany, Oxford, Pontotoc, Starkville, Ripley, Saltillo and West Point. Call (800) 344-2666.
For a listing of addiction support groups around Northeast Mississippi, call the National Council on Alcohol and Drug Dependency at 841-0403 or check www.msncadd.net.
Addiction help – Narconon, an international organization of treatment centers, drug education and prevention services, provides free consultations from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week for those with drug addictions. Call (800) 556-8885.
Al-Anon is a fellowship of friends and relatives of alcoholics. The group has meetings at several locations:
• American Legion Building, Fairground Circle, New Albany, 8 p.m. Mondays.
• Cornerstone Methodist Church, Tupelo, 5:30 p.m. Mondays. Call (662) 871-687-1811 or (662) 871-8068.
• Calvary Baptist Church, Tupelo, noon Wednesday and Friday.
• First Presbyterian Church, Tupelo 8 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Easy Does It Group, noon Thursdays at Brooks Center at Fulton Methodist Church. Call Bob W. (662) 401-8094.
• Peace Seekers Family Group, noon Wednesday and Friday at Calvary Baptist Church, Tupelo. Call (662) 401-8094 or (847) 902-6267.
• How It Works group, St. James Catholic Church, Tupelo, 8 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Solution Seekers – Adult Children of Alcoholics meets at noon Mondays at Calvary Baptist Church fellowship hall, Tupelo. Call Nancy P. at (847) 902-6267.
Groups also meet in Belmont, Corinth and Oxford.
Alzheimer’s support groups for family members and friends of those with the disease meet in:
• West Point: Quarterly at NMMC-West Point. Call Brenda Johnson at (662) 495-2339 or (800) 843-3375.
• Tupelo: 6 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month at the Cedars Health Center Activity Room. Call Terri at (662) 844-1441.Michaela Morris 12/10/12 .
Bariatric Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. the first Tuesday of the month in the cafeteria conference room at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi, Oxford. Call Becky Wilson at (662) 513-9671.Michaela Morris 12/10/12
Bereavement Support Group meets 10 a.m. the fourth Wednesday of the month at Darlington Oaks on Skeet Drive in Verona. Call Community Hospice at (662) 566-4011. Michaela Morris 1/8/13
Celebrate Recovery is a Bible-based group open to those struggling with addiction, anger issues, grief, guilt, shame, financial loss, abuse, eating disorders or compulsive behaviors. Groups meet at:
• 7 p.m. Fridays in the youth building at West Jackson Street Baptist Church, Tupelo. Contact Neil Naron at (662) 891-1773 or Susan Naron at 871-3872.
• 6 p.m. Saturdays at NorthStar Church, 112 Bauhaus, Saltillo. Call (662) 869-7778 or email cr@thenorthstarchurch .com.
The Compassionate Friends a support group for families who have suffered the death of a child of any age, is open to parents, step-parents, grandparents and siblings. Information is at www.compassionatefriends.org.
• Tupelo group meets at 6 p.m. the fourth Thursday of the month at NMMC Wellness Center. Call Dave Jensen at (662) 842-1327 or (662) 231-1305 or Jamie Harris at (662) 213-2776 or (662) 842-3174. Michaela Morris 5/20/13
• West Point group meets at 6 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month at NMMC-West Point. Call Michele Rowe at (662) 495-2337. Parents, step-parents, grandparents and siblings are invited to attend. Information is at www.compassionatefriends.org.
CPAP Support Group will meet every other month at the Reggie White Sleep Disorder Center in Tupelo. The next meeting will be Open to anyone who uses a CPAP machine for sleep apnea or other disorders. Group meets every other month. Call (662) 407-0864.
Crossroads Multiple Sclerosis Support Group meets at 11:30 a.m. the third Wednesday of the month at the MSU Extension Office behind Crossroads Arena in Corinth. Sponsored by the MS Foundation. Contact Joy Forsyth 462-7325 or joycforsyth@ frontiernet.net.
Diabetes Support Groups meet in:
• Booneville: 6 p.m. the third Thursday of the month at the George E. Allen Library. Call Kitti Parman at (662)377-2500 or (800) 843-3375.
• Iuka: 6 p.m. the first Tuesday of the month except June, July and August, at NMMC-Iuka.
• Oxford: Noon the second Thursday of the month in the Magnolia Auditorium at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi. Lunch available for $3. Call (662) 513-1506.
• Starkville: 5:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month at Oktibbeha County Hospital educational facility. Call Nicky Yeatman at (662) 615-2668.
• Tupelo: 11 a.m. the second Thursday of the month at the NMMC Wellness Center in Tupelo. Sponsored by the NMMC Diabetes Treatment Center. Call (662) 377-2500 or (800) 843-3375.
• West Point: meets quarterly at NMMC-West Point. Remaining 2012 meetings: 6 p.m. . Contact Ginger Carver at (662) 495-2213.
The Disability Support Group meets at 2 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at LIFE office, Cliff Gookin Boulevard, Tupelo. People with all types of physical and mental disabilities are welcome. Call Wayne Lauderdale or Emily Word at (662) 844-6633.
A Domestic Violence Support Group meets at 3:30 p.m. the first Thursday of the month at the Lee County Family Resource Center in Tupelo. Child care available. Call (662) 844-0013.
A Domestic Violence Support Group meets at 6 p.m. every Thursday. Call (800) 527-7233 for location. Child care is provided.
FACE IT food allergy support group meets the first Friday and third Monday of the month. Focused on parents of children with food allergies, but open to others with medical conditions that require food avoidance. Contact Amelia at (662) 322-7434 or firstname.lastname@example.org for locations and times.
Fibromyalgia Support Group-Tupelo meets at 6 p.m. on the fourth Monday of the month at the Women First Resource Center 215 N. Gloster, Suite D, in Tupelo. Call 842-5725.
Gray Matters Support Group for anyone diagnosed with a brain tumor and their caregivers meets meets the last Tuesday of the month at the NMMC Cancer Center in Tupelo in January. Call Cindy Edwards at (662) 377-4049 or (800) 843-3375.
Grief Support Groups meet in:
• Fulton: 1 p.m. the fourth Wednesday of the month at MSU Extension Office in Fulton. Free and open to anyone in need. Call the Rev. Danny Rushing of Gentiva Hospice at (662) 844-2417.
• New Albany: 1 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month at the First United Methodist Church. Call the Rev. Danny Rushing of Gentiva Hospice at (662) 844-2417.
• Oxford: 6 p.m. the second Tuesday and at noon the fourth Wednesday of the month at Azalea Gardens in Oxford. Sponsored by North Mississippi Hospice of Oxford. Call Olevia Partlow at (662)234-0140.
• Tupelo: 7 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of the month at Gentiva Hospice in Spanish Village, Suite 105, Thomas Street. Free and open to anyone in need. Call the Rev. Danny Rushing at (662) 844-2417.
Grief Support Group-Fulton sponsored by Gentiva Hospice meets at 1 p.m. the fourth Wednesday of the month at MSU Extension Office in Fulton. Free and open to anyone in need. Call Danny Rushing at (662) 844-2417.Michaela Morris 4/29/13 updated
La Leche League of Lee County offers mother-to-mother support for breastfeeding. The group meets at 11 a.m. the first Thursday of the month. All pregnant and breastfeeding mothers are invited to attend. Other LLL services include a lending library and 24-hour telephone help. For information about meeting location or help with a breastfeeding concern please call Toni at (662) 255-8283.
Lupus Support is available in Northeast Mississippi. Sponsored by the Lupus Foundation of America. Open to anyone interested in lupus. Contact Michelle Harris at (662) 825-0224 or (662) 256-2604.
Man-to-Man support group for prostate cancer meets at 6 p.m. the first Tuesday of the month in at NMMC East Tower first floor Diabetes Treatment Center classroom. Contact Gail Denton at (662) 377-3522 or (800) 843-3375.
Mended Hearts, a support group for people who have had heart-bypass surgery, heart disease or other physical ailments of the heart, meet in:
• Corinth: 6 p.m. the second Monday of the month in the basement conference center at Magnolia Regional Health Center in Corinth. Next meetings in September. Contact Barbara Williams at (662) 293-1086.
• Oxford: Noon the the second Wednesday of the month at in the Magnolia room at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Call Marian Leggett at (662) 259-2856
• Tupelo: 5:45 p.m. the last Thursday of each month at Room 21 of the NMMC East Tower Education Center. Dinner available for $11; RSVP required for dinner. Call Frances Cobb at (662) 840-4335 to register.
Mental Health Family Support Group meets at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Saturday of the month at North Mississippi RC on Highway 7 in Oxford. The group is designed for family members of people with serious mental illness. Call (800) 357-0388 or visit www.nami.org.
Mississippi Chapter of Parents of Blind Children will meet at 9 a.m. the last Saturday of the month at the Harden House office on North Gloster Street in Tupelo. Contact Pat Sartain at (662) 871-8262.
Multiple Sclerosis Support Group-Tupelo meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Thursday of the month at the NMMC Wellness Center in Tupelo. Contact Allison Holloway at (662) 231-5829, Karan Woods at (662) 231-9160 or (800) 843-3375.
NAMI Connection, a weekly recovery group for people living with mental illness, meets Sundays at 3:30 p.m. at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Call (800) 357-0388 or visit www.nami.org.
Narcotics Anonymous, a community-based association of recovering drug addicts, meets in Lee County.
• Tupelo group meets at the Salvation Army on Carnation Street at 6 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. Sundays.
• Mooreville group meets at 4:30 p.m. Sunday and 6 p.m. Wednesday at Living Waters Community Church on County Road 1554.
• Groups also meet in Ackerman, Amory, Booneville, Bruce, Corinth, Mooreville, New Albany, Oxford, Pontotoc, Ripley and Starkville.
Call (662) 841-9998 or toll-free (866) 841-9998 for more information.
New Moms Support Group meets at 10:30 a.m. Fridays at the Breast Feeding Resource Center at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi. Open to all new moms. Call (662) 513-1602.
The North MS Pediatric Cancer Support Group (PECANS) meets at 6 p.m. the first Tuesday of the month at the food court of the Mall of Barnes Crossing in Tupelo. Call Teresa Farris at (662) 791-1228.Michaela Morris 2/20/13
Northeast Mississippi Down Syndrome Society offers support and information resources for families of children with Down Syndrome. The group hosts the Buddy Walk in October. Call (662) 871-2387 or (662) 869-3211, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.nemdss.org.
Oxford Reach to Recovery Breast Cancer Support Group meets at 6 p.m. the first Monday of February, April, June, August, November and December at Azalea Gardens in Oxford. In October, they participate in a reception for breast cancer survivors hosted by Baptist Memorial at the Cancer and Diagnostic Center. Sponsored by the American Cancer Society. Call Mary Chrestman at (662) 234-7507.
Parkinson’s Disease Support Group-Tupelo meets at 3 p.m. the first Sunday of the month at NMMC Wellness Center in Tupelo. Contact Ginger Gore or Amanda Allen at (662) 377-3729.Michaela Morris 11/27/12
Second Chance Transplant Awareness Group meets at 6:30 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month, except for June, at McAlister’s Deli, Tupelo. Call Mississippi Organ Recovery Agency, Tupelo office (662) 841-1960.
A Sexual Addiction Support Group meets in Tupelo. Call (662) 841-0403.
A Sexual Assault Support Group meets at 1 p.m. every Wednesday. Call (800) 527-7233 for location.
Sisters Network, Tupelo chapter of the African-American breast cancer survivor’s support group, meets at 5:30 p.m. the first Monday of the month at the Link Centre in Tupelo. Call Norma Derring at (662) 842-3440.
Stroke support groups meet in:
• Tupelo at 5 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month in NMMC East Tower Room 21. Call Stacy Scruggs at (662) 377-4058.
• Starkville at regularly at the OCH Regional education room. For more info, call the speech language pathology department at (662) 615-3020.
Survivors of child sexual abuse support group meets at 1 p.m. Wednesdays. Call (800) 527-7233 for location.
T.A.A.P. (Teen Addiction Awareness Program) is a free 10-week program offered by the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence building, 200 N. Spring St., Tupelo. The program, which meets for 90 minutes once a week, is open to teens age 13-18. There will be educational sessions on every aspect of drug and alcohol use and abuse. Call NCADD at (662) 841-0403 or www.ncadd.net.
TOPS, a weight loss support group, has four chapters meeting in Northeast Mississippi. Fees are $2
8 for annual membership; $14 for spouses and teens. Call area captain Tina Evans at (662) 369-7151, state coordinator Pat Harris at (662) 386-0249 or (800) 932-8677 or vi
• Tupelo: 4:30 p.m. Thursdays at Salvation Army Building at 527 Carnation St. Call Ann Ivy at (662) 566-2816 or (662) 397-4998.
• Aberdeen: 5 p.m. Tuesdays at Southside Baptist Church on Meridian Street. Call Grace Guin at (662) 369-4431.
• Corinth: 4:45 p.m. Tuesdays at Church of the Crossroads on U.S. Highway 72 East Annex. Call Betty Jones at (662) 286-3020.
• Corinth: 4:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Waldron Street Christian Church on East Waldron Street. Call Heather Johnson at (662) 415-2517. Michaela Morris 12/17/12 updated
Tupelo Lost Chords Club meets at noon the fourth Thursday of the month at the Longtown Medical Park conference room in Tupelo. The club is open to all laryngectomees, spouses of laryngectomees and interested professionals. Call Lisa Renfroe at (662) 377-3248.
Weight Loss Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. the first Thursday of the month at NMMC Wellness Center in Tupelo. The group provides education and emotional support for those considering or have gone through bariatric surgery. Contact registered nurse Cherri Cox at (662) 377-7546 or (866) 908-9465.
Women with Cancer support group, sponsored by the Women First Resource Center, is available in Amory. Call (662) 325-0721.
Women with Cancer support group meets at 6 p.m. the third Monday of each month at the Women First Resource Center, 215 N. Gloster, Suite D, in Tupelo. Call (662) 842-5725.