By NEMS Daily Journal
Pied Piper auditions
scheduled for today
- Pied Piper Playhouse will hold auditions today at Milam Elementary auditorium for a pair of shows:
• “The Box,” 2 p.m., for grades K-2.
• “On the Radio,” 2:30 p.m., for grades 3-9.
Both plays will be performed March 26-28. For information, call (662) 678-6455 or 842-9031.
THS Soundwave has
3 more shows planned
- Tupelo High School’s Soundwave will perform “Get Into the Groove” at 2:30 p.m. today.
The concert will take place at the THS Performing Arts Center, and it’ll also be staged at 7:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday. Music will be provided by the Structure Combo.
Tickets are $7/advance and $8/at the door. To learn more, call (662) 346-3899.
blues musician’s trip
- “Full Moon Lightnin’” will be screened at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Link Centre.
The award-winning documentary follows a blues artist’s return to Mississippi after a 60-year absence.
John Gardiner, producer and director, will attend the screening, which is presented by the Tupelo Film Commission and Link Centre. Gardiner will take part in a question and answer session.
Tickets are $5, and that includes popcorn and a soft drink. Call (662) 690-4011 or 841-6521, or visit www.fullmoonlightnin.com.
ICC exhibit features
work by Tupelo artist
- The mixed media work of Charlie Buckley of Tupelo will be on display at the W.O. Benjamin Fine Arts gallery at the Itawamba Community College Fulton campus through Feb. 5.
He is a lecturer in the Mississippi State University art department, where he teaches foundation courses. He also operates a home studio. Buckley is represented by Southside Gallery in Oxford and Gallery 119 in Jackson.
The gallery is open to the public from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., weekdays. For more information, call (662) 862-8301, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
‘Raggs LIVE Dance Party!’
coming to Ford Center
- A costumed quintet of musical canines will bring rock ‘n’ roll music to the University of Mississippi on Saturday.
“Raggs LIVE Dance Party!” is set for 3 p.m. at the Gertrude C. Ford Center for the Performing Arts. The event stars the colorful, comical characters Raggs, Trilby, Pido, B. Max and Razzles from the popular “Raggs” educational television show designed for preschoolers. The concert features a “Wag and Wiggle” dance segment to promote movement and physical fitness.
Tickets are $12/adults and $6/children under 18. Tickets are available by calling (662) 915-7411, or visit www.olemiss.edu/depts/tickets/order.htm.
Daily Journal reports