The City of Verona has ordinances in place to ensure that the city is a great place to live.
They include the following:
* Garbage containers: Please remove your rollout garbage container from the street on the same day it is picked up.
* Junk vehicles: A car or truck that does not display a current tag and inspection sticker is a junk vehicle. No more than one vehicle may be kept out of sight behind opaque fencing or landscaping.
* Junk Litter: Used, discarded, worn out materials or manufactured goods may not be stored on your property.
* Mowing your grass: Property owners must mow the grass in their yards and any vacant lots that they own.
* Pets: They are not allowed to run loose. Pets must be restrained by a leash when outside the fenced area of your yard or outside your home. (Some other restrictions may apply).
* Noise: Do not disturb your neighbors with dog barking and loud music. This applies to music played in vehicles.
First Baptist Church
Fifth Sunday Singing is set for July 30 during the evening worship service. The Harmons will be performing.
LIFE will meet at 11 a.m. Thursday. This will be a potluck luncheon.
Vacation Bible School in under way through Friday from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. A light dinner will be provided from 5:15 until 6 each evening.
First United Pentecostal Church
The Section 2 Youth Rally will be at 7:30 p.m. Friday. Various churches will be represented. Everyone is invited.
Brother and Sister McAlister enjoyed the Mississippi Camp Meeting in Raymond last week.
Second Baptist MB Church
Second Baptist will begin holding worship services in its new sanctuary Sunday. The dedication program is at 3 p.m. with the Rev. Nollen Elzie and the Zion Spring Okolona church family as guest. There will be a reception after the program.
Annual Male Choir Day will be July 29 beginning at 6 p.m.
Sonica Shell who competed recently in Special Olympic competition in Ames, Iowa, won the silver medal in the softball throw and placed sixth in the 50-meter dash. Sonica is the daughter of Joyce and Clarence Harmon and granddaughter of Isaiah and Jettie Shell.
Sunday morning worship services will begin at 8 a.m. for the next two Sundays.
Verona Church of Christ
Best wishes to the young people and some of the adults who are in the midst of an edifying week at Maywood Christian Camp. Vacation Bible School will be July 30-Aug. 3 with classes for all age groups. VBS will be from 6 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. on Sunday and from 7 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Bible study will be at 7:30 tonight. This Sunday, Bible classes start at 9 a.m. and worship is set for 9:50 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Tonight marks the end of the Palmetto United Methodist Church revival. Services start at 7 p.m. The Rev. Raigan Miskelly, an associate at Tupelo First United Methodist Church, is the evangelist. Verona UMC will not have prayer meeting or Bible study tonight because of the revival.
Paul Odle will be baptized at 2 p.m. Sunday in the Tenn-Tom.
Palmetto UMC will have a one-day Vacation Bible School on July 29 from 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Verona and Palmetto churches will have a Fifth Sunday covered dish meal and program at 6 p.m. on July 30 at Verona UMC.
Sincere sympathy to the families of Hattie Josephine Moore and Lillie Mae McGlown.
Margaret Baker is the Verona correspondent for Lee County Neighbors. E-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org