By Ginna Parsons
TUPELO – Eight downtown Tupelo restaurants will spend next week trying to lure customers into their eateries with specials, discounts and new menu items.
The second annual Restaurant Week kicks off Monday and goes through Friday. The participating businesses are Bar-B-Q by Jim, Cafe 212, Fairpark Grill, Papa V’s, Park Heights, Simply Sweet by Margarete, the Stables Downtown Grill and Tea for T’Arts.
“We basically have asked the restaurants to offer a special that week, whether it be a discount, a set menu price or something new for the week,” said Jessica Reed, marketing associate for the Downtown Tupelo Main Street Association.
Reed said the invitation to participate was open to all restaurants who are members of Main Street.
“We got really good feedback,” she said. “We’re excited about these restaurants.
The specials for Restaurant Week, Sept. 23-27, include:
• Bar-B-Q by Jim: Regular barbecue sandwich, chips and a 16-ounce drink for $5.
• Cafe 212: New sandwich creations, breakfast and pastry treats and customer-inspired favorites.
• Fairpark Grill: Smoked Gouda Chicken Melt on a pretzel roll with shoestring fries for $8.99.
• Papa V’s Deli: Buy any breakfast biscuit and get one of equal or lesser value free.
• Park Heights: Daily lunch special for $7 and a three-course dinner special for $22.50.
• Simply Sweet by Margarete: Bowl of soup, half-sandwich and chips for $5; sandwiches are roast beef, ham and turkey or schnitzel (pan-fried pork).
• The Stables Downtown Grill: Italian Beef Sandwich with fries, onion rings or chips for $9.95
• Tea for T’Arts: $2 off a Queen’s Lunch, which includes six finger sandwiches, two tarts, seasonal fruit and sweet potato chips.
This year, Restaurant Week will offer a second component.
“Each restaurant selected a charity to support and we put them on Facebook and people voted and selected the top three charities,” Reed said. “Whenever someone eats at one of these restaurants during Restaurant Week, they’ll get a ballot for them to vote for the charity of their choice. The charity that gets the most votes wins the grand prize – $300.”
The three charities are Saints’ Brew, Sanctuary Hospice House and the Tupelo-Lee Humane Society.
“Restaurant Week goes along with our mission and goal to enhance the downtown experience,” Reed said. “People will be exposed to our great restaurants and while they’re there, they can see what’s next to that restaurant. It’s just good exposure for downtown.”
For more information, call (662) 841-6598, visit tupelomainstreet.com or follow #tupelorestweek.