The Daily Journal is seeking entries for its annual Mother’s Day and Father’s Day essay contests.
The top three essays detailing the great works of both moms and dads will be published.
Here are the rules:
– E-mailed essays are preferred and can be sent to email@example.com. Please include the essay in the body of the e-mail, not as an attachment. Essays also may be typed and mailed to Daily Journal Essay Contest, P.O. Box 909, Tupelo, MS 38802.
– Include full name of the writer and the subject, plus a daytime phone number for the writer.
– Essays should be no longer than 600 words.
– Writers can enter an essay for either Mother’s Day or Father’s Day, but not both.
– No poetry will be accepted.
– Deadlines: Mother’s Day essays will not be considered after April 28. Father’s Day essays will not be considered after June 9. Essays will not be returned.
– The essays will be judged by a Daily Journal panel. The decisions of the panel are final.
NEMS Daily Journal