By NEMS Daily Journal
The Daily Journal is on the lookout for entries for our annual Mother’s Day and Father’s Day essay contests.
The top three essays detailing the great works of both moms and dads will be published.
Here are the rules:
– E-mailed essays are preferred and can be sent to email@example.com. Please include the essay in the body of the e-mail, not as an attachment. Essays also may be typed and mailed to Daily Journal Essay Contest, c/o Leslie Criss, P.O. Box 909, Tupelo, MS 38802.
– Include full name of the writer and the subject, plus a daytime phone number for the writer.
– Essays should be no longer then 550 words.
– Writers may enter an essay for either Mother’s Day or Father’s Day, but not both.
– No poetry will be accepted.
– Deadlines: Mother’s Day essays will not be considered after Friday, April 30. Father’s Day essays will not be considered after Friday, June 11.
– If your essay is chosen for publication, you will be asked to submit a photo of the writer and a favorite photo of the subject of the essay.
– The essays will be judged by a Daily Journal panel. The decisions of the panel are final.