By NEMS Daily Journal
These support groups are set to meet in the next two weeks:
– ACTS – Alcohol Chemical Treatment Series – is a curriculum-based self-help, recovery and educational program for anyone wanting to recover from alcohol or drugs, and their families. ACTS meets from 6 to 7 p.m. every Tuesday at Cedar Grove United Pentecostal Church on North Veterans Boulevard, Tupelo. ACTS is free. Call 844-9637.
– Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women working to solve their common problem of alcoholism. There are no dues or fees.
– Tupelo: 31 meetings are offered. Call 844-0374 or visit www.inter-group.org/aa/tupelo.
– There are also meetings in Aberdeen, Ackerman, Amory, Belmont, Booneville, Bruce, Calhoun City, Corinth, Fulton, Holly Springs, Houlka, Houston, New Albany, Oxford, Pontotoc, Starkville and West Point. Call (800) 344-2666.
– For a listing of addiction support groups around Northeast Mississippi, call the National Council on Alcohol and Drug Dependency at 841-0403 or check www.msncadd.net.
– Addiction help – Narconon, an international organization of treatment centers, drug education and prevention services, provides free consultations from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week for those with drug addictions. Call (800) 556-8885.
– Al-Anon is a fellowship of friends and relatives of alcoholics. The group has meetings at several locations throughout Tupelo:
– Tupelo Serenity Group, 8 p.m. Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays at 613 Pegram Drive. Call 610-5950.
– First Presbyterian Church, 8 p.m. Tuesday. Call 844-0374 or (800) 344-2666.
– Peace Seekers Al-Anon Family Group meets at noon Wednesday and Friday at Calvary Baptist Church. Call 401-8094 or (800) 344-2666.
– Solution Seekers – Adult Children of Alcoholics meets at noon Mondays at Calvary Baptist Church fellowship hall. Call Nancy P. at (847) 902-6267.
– The Autism Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. May 20 at the Lee County Library in Tupelo. Call Melissa Caldwell at (662) 832-2039 or Cheryl Bailey at (662) 315-3388.
– AWAKE, a support group for people with sleep apnea and their families, meets quarterly at NMMC. Next meeting is July 20. Call (800) 843-3375.
– Better Breathers, a support group for those living with chronic lung disease, meets at 1 p.m. the third Wednesday of the month at the Magnolia Regional Medical Center Harper Road Complex in Corinth. Call Candice Whitaker at 279-0801.
– Cancer Survivor 101 Support Group for newly diagnosed patients actively undergoing treatment. Meets at 2 p.m. the second Thursday of the month at the NMMC Cancer Center in Tupelo. Call Cindy Edwards at 377-4049 or (800) 843-3375.
– Celebrate Recovery is a Bible-based group open to those struggling with addiction, anger issues, grief, guilt, shame, financial loss, abuse, eating disorders or compulsive behaviors.
– West Jackson Street Baptist Church, Tupelo, meets at 7 p.m. Fridays in the youth building. Contact Neil Naron at 891-1773 or Susan Naron at 871-3872.
– Lee Acres Church of Christ on Lawndale Drive, Tupelo meets at 6 p.m. Tuesdays. Childcare available. Call Brad Carman at 844-3111 or Joey Grist at 321-0059.
– The Compassionate Friends, a support group for families who have suffered the death of a child of any age, has three chapters in Northeast Mississippi. Parents, step-parents, grandparents and siblings are invited to attend. Information is at www.compassionatefriends.org. Upcoming meetings are:
– Booneville meets 6 p.m. the second Thursday of each month at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Booneville. Contact Joe Young at (662) 538-2422.
– West Point meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month at NMMC-West Point. Call Michele Rowe at (662) 495-2337.
– Crossroads Multiple Sclerosis Support Group will meet at 11:30 a.m. the third Wednesday of the month at the MSU Extension Office behind Crossroads Arena in Corinth. Sponsored by the MS Foundation. Contact Joy Forsyth 462-7325 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Diabetes Support Group-Tupelo will meet at 11 a.m. the second Thursday of the month at the NMMC Wellness Center in Tupelo. Sponsored by the NMMC Diabetes Treatment Center. Call (662) 377-2500 or (800) 843-3375.
n The Disability Support Group meets at 6 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at LIFE office, Cliff Gookin Boulevard, Tupelo. People with all kinds of physical and mental disabilities are welcome. Call Michael Sullivan at 844-6633.
– Divorce Support Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month for people working to heal after divorce, separation or broken engagement at the St. James Catholic Life Center in Tupelo. A support group for teen children of divorce – 13 and up – meets at the same time. Call Lynn Weeks at (662) 842-3437.
– A Domestic Violence Support Group meets at 6 p.m. every Thursday. Call (800) 527-7233 for location. Child care is provided.
– Gamblers Anonymous, a 12-step recovery support group for people with a gambling problem, meets at 6 p.m. every Monday at Lee Acres Church of Christ on Lawndale Drive in Tupelo. Call 316-2219.
– Grief Support Groups in Oxford meets at 6 p.m. the second Tuesday and the fourth Wednesday of the month at Azalea Gardens in Oxford. Sponsored by North Mississippi Hospice of Oxford. Call Olevia Partlow at 234-0140.
– Grief Support Groups sponsored by Amedisys Hospice meet in New Albany, Mantachie and Booneville. The group are free and open to the public. Call Danny Rushing or Amanda Tennison at Amedisys Hospice at (662) 620-1050.
– 1 p.m. the second Wednesday of the month at New Albany First United Methodist Church.
– 10 a.m. the third Tuesday of the month at George E. Allen Library in Booneville.
– 5 p.m. the third Thursday of the month at Centerville Lunch Room in Mantachie.
– I Can Cope cancer support group meets at noon the second Friday of the month at Bridgepoint on South Gloster Street. Guest speakers. Lunch provided for cancer survivors and caregivers. Sponsored by the American Cancer Society. Call coordinator Donna Kingsley at (662) 213-8478.
– Lupus Support Group meets at 6 p.m. the third Thursday of the month in Tupelo at Link Centre library. Sponsored by the Lupus Foundation of America. Open to anyone interested in lupus. Contact Michelle Harris at 640-2407 or 256-2604.
– Mended Hearts, a support group for people who have had heart-bypass surgery, heart disease or other physical ailments of the heart, meet in:
– Corinth: 6 p.m. the second Monday of the month in the basement conference center at Magnolia Regional Health Center in Corinth. Contact Wayne Taylor at 663-0116 or Barbara Williams at 293-1086.
– Oxford: Noon the the second Wednesday of the month at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Call Riley McMinn at 232-8166.
– Mental Health Family support group will meet at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Saturday of the month at North Mississippi RC on Highway 7 in Oxford. The group is designed for family members of people with serious mental illness. Call (800) 357-0388 or visit www.nami.org.
– Multiple Sclerosis Support Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. the second Thursday of the month at the NMMC Wellness Center in Tupelo. Contact Marge Cason at (662) 963-7068, Allison Holloway at (662) 231-5829 or (800) 843-3375.
– NAMI Connection, a weekly recovery group for people living with mental illness, meets Sundays at 3:30 p.m. at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Call (800) 357-0388 or visit www.nami.org.
– Narcotics Anonymous, a community-based association of recovering drug addicts, meets in Tupelo.
– Tupelo group meets at the Salvation Army on Carnation Street at 6 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, noon and 7:30 p.m. Saturdays and 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. Sundays.
– Solutions group, meets at 314 South Church St., 6 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays, 8 p.m. Tuesdays and 7 p.m. Saturday.
Groups also meet in Ackerman, Amory, Booneville, Bruce, Corinth, Ecru, New Albany, Oxford, Ripley and Starkville. Call (662) 841-9998 or toll-free (866) 841-9998 for more information.
– Nar-Anon, a support group for friends and family members of people addicted to drugs, meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at St. James Catholic Life Center on North Gloster Street, Tupelo. Call 322-1631 and leave a message for more information.
– The North MS Pediatric Cancer Support Group (PECANS) meets at 6 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month. Call Teresa Farris at 791-1228 for meeting location.
– Northeast Mississippi Down Syndrome Society offers support and information resources for families of children with Down Syndrome. The group meets 2 p.m. the third Sunday in January, April and July at First Baptist Church in Saltillo. The group hosts the Buddy Walk in October. Call (662) 871-2387 or (662) 869-3211, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.nemdss.org.
– Ostomy Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month in the NMMC East Tower Education Center. Call (662) 377-2395 or (800) 843-3375.
– Overeaters Anonymous meets at noon Wednesdays at St. Luke Methodist Church in Tupelo. Contact (662) 255-1063 or visit www.oa.org.
– Parkinson’s Support Group-Oxford will meet at 6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of the month at Magnolia Auditorium at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. For more information, call Harry Sneed at 234-3232.
– Second Chance Transplant Awareness Group meets at 6:30 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month, except for June, at McAlister’s Deli, Tupelo. Call Mississippi Organ Recovery Agency, Tupelo office (662) 841-1960.
– A Sexual Addiction Support Group meets in Tupelo. Call 841-0403.
– A Sexual Assault Support Group meets at 11 a.m. every Wednesday. Call (800) 527-7233 for location.
– Stroke support groups meet in:
– Tupelo at 5 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month in NMMC East Tower Room 21. Call Stacy Scruggs at (662) 377-4058.
– Starkville at 10 a.m. the third Wednesday of the month in the OCH Healthplex multi-purpose room. Call Nikki Yoakley at (662) 615-3030.
– TOPS, a weight loss support group, has two chapters meeting in Northeast Mississippi. Fees are $24 for annual membership; $12 for spouses and teens. Call (800) 932-8677 or visit www.tops.org.
– In Tupelo: 5:30 p.m. Thursdays at Salvation Army Building at 527 Carnation St. Call Janice Roach at (662) 871-8653.
– In Aberdeen: 5 p.m. Tuesdays at Southside Baptist Church on Meridian Street. Call Janet Luker, 369-6836 or 369-1878, Grace Guin, 369-4431 or Pat Harris, 327-7152.
– Tupelo Lost Chords Club meets at noon the third Thursday of the month at the Longtown Medical Park conference room in Tupelo. The club is open to all laryngectomees, spouses of laryngectomees and interested professionals. Call Lisa Renfroe at 377-3248.
– Women with Cancer support groups sponsored by the Women First Resource Center meet:
– In Amory at noon the second Tuesday of the month at the Family Resource Center. Call (662) 325-0721.
– In Tupelo at 6 p.m. the third Monday of each month at the resource center, 215 N. Gloster, Suite D. Call (662) 842-5725.