By NEMS Daily Journal
These support groups are set to meet in the next two weeks:
– ACTS – Alcohol Chemical Treatment Series – is a curriculum-based self-help, recovery and educational program for anyone wanting to recover from alcohol or drugs, and their families. ACTS meets from 6 to 7 p.m. every Tuesday at Cedar Grove United Pentecostal Church on North Veterans Boulevard, Tupelo. ACTS is free. Call 844-9637.
– Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women working to solve their common problem of alcoholism. There are no dues or fees.
• Tupelo: 31 meetings are offered. Call 844-0374 or visit www.inter-group.org/aa/tupelo.
• There are also meetings in Aberdeen, Ackerman, Amory, Belmont, Booneville, Bruce, Calhoun City, Corinth, Fulton, Holly Springs, Houlka, Houston, New Albany, Oxford, Pontotoc, Starkville and West Point. Call (800) 344-2666.
– For a listing of addiction support groups around Northeast Mississippi, call the National Council on Alcohol and Drug Dependency at 841-0403 or check www.msncadd.net.
– Addiction help – Narconon, an international organization of treatment centers, drug education and prevention services, provides free consultations from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week for those with drug addictions. Call (800) 556-8885.
n Al-Anon is a fellowship of friends and relatives of alcoholics. The group has meetings at several locations throughout Tupelo:
• Tupelo Serenity Group, 8 p.m. Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays at 613 Pegram Drive. Call 610-5950.
• First Presbyterian Church, 8 p.m. Tuesday. Call 844-0374 or (800) 344-2666.
• Peace Seekers Al-Anon Family Group meets at noon Wednesday and Friday at Calvary Baptist Church. Call 401-8094 or (800) 344-2666.
• Solution Seekers – Adult Children of Alcoholics meets at noon Mondays at Calvary Baptist Church fellowship hall. Call Nancy P. at (847) 902-6267.
– The Autism Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. July 9 at the Lee County Library in Tupelo. Call Melissa Caldwell at (662) 832-2039 or Cheryl Bailey at (662) 315-3388.
– Better Breathers, a support group for those living with chronic lung disease, meets at 1 p.m. the third Wednesday of the month at the Magnolia Regional Medical Center Harper Road Complex in Corinth. Call Candice Whitaker at 279-0801.
n Cancer Survivor 101 Support Group for newly diagnosed patients actively undergoing treatment meets at 2 p.m. the second Thursday of the month at the NMMC Cancer Center in Tupelo. Call Cindy Edwards at 377-4049 or (800) 843-3375.
– Celebrate Recovery is a Bible-based group open to those struggling with addiction, anger issues, grief, guilt, shame, financial loss, abuse, eating disorders or compulsive behaviors.
• West Jackson Street Baptist Church, Tupelo, meets at 7 p.m. Fridays in the youth building. Contact Neil Naron at 891-1773 or Susan Naron at 871-3872.
• Lee Acres Church of Christ on Lawndale Drive, Tupelo meets at 6 p.m. Tuesdays. Childcare available. Call Brad Carman at 844-3111 or Joey Grist at 321-0059.
– Children with Cancer support group meets at 6 p.m. every other Tuesday at Cross Pointe Ministries on Eason Boulevard in Tupelo. Open to families who are dealing with childhood cancer. Contact Angie Frank at 871-7987, Frankbernina@ aol.com or www.caringbridge.org/visitdevinfrank.
n The Compassionate Friends, a support group for families who have suffered the death of a child of any age, has three chapters in Northeast Mississippi. Parents, step-parents, grandparents and siblings are invited to attend. Information is at www.compassionatefriends.org. Upcoming meetings are:
• West Point meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month at NMMC-West Point. Call Michele Rowe at 495-2337
• Booneville meets 6 p.m. the second Thursday of each month at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Booneville. Contact Joe Young at 538-2422.
– Crossroads Multiple Sclerosis Support Group will meet at 11:30 a.m. the third Wednesday of the month at the MSU Extension Office behind Crossroads Arena in Corinth. Sponsored by the MS Foundation. Contact Joy Forsyth 462-7325 or joycforsyth@frontiernet .net.
– Diabetes Support Group-Tupelo will meet at 11 a.m. the second Thursday of the month at the NMMC Wellness Center in Tupelo. Sponsored by the NMMC Diabetes Treatment Center. Call 377-2500 or (800) 843-3375.
– A Domestic Violence Support Group meets at 6 p.m. every Thursday. Call (800) 527-7233 for location. Child care is provided.
– Gamblers Anonymous, a 12-step recovery support group for people with a gambling problem.
• In Tupelo, the group meets at 6 p.m. every Monday at Lee Acres Church of Christ on Lawndale Drive. Call 315-2219.
• In Oxford, the group meets at 5 p.m. every Thursday at 5 p.m. at Oxford Church of Christ on North Lamar Boulevard. Call 816-2924.
– Free to Grieve support group meets at 5:30 p.m. every Monday at the Bel-Air Center in Tupelo. Open to anyone experiencing grief from any kind of loss, such as the death of person, the loss of a job or home or divorce. All adults welcome. Contact Cathy Miller facilitor at 840-8156 or Leigh Ann Mallory at 841-6440.
– Grief Support Groups in Oxford meets at 6 p.m. the second Tuesday and at noon the fourth Wednesday of the month at Azalea Gardens in Oxford. Sponsored by North Mississippi Hospice of Oxford. Call Olevia Partlow at 234-0140.
– Lupus Support Group meets at 6 p.m. the third Thursday of the month in Tupelo at Link Centre library. Sponsored by the Lupus Foundation of America. Open to anyone interested in lupus. Contact Michelle Harris at 640-2407 or 256-2604.
– Mental Health Family support group will meet at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Saturday of the month at North Mississippi RC on Highway 7 in Oxford. The group is designed for family members of people with serious mental illness. Call (800) 357-0388 or visit www.nami.org.
– Multiple Sclerosis Support Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. the second Thursday of the month at the NMMC Wellness Center in Tupelo. Contact Marge Cason at 963-7068, Allison Holloway at 231-5829 or (800) 843-3375.
– NAMI Connection, a weekly recovery group for people living with mental illness, meets Sundays at 3:30 p.m. at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Call (800) 357-0388 or visit www.nami.org.
– Narcotics Anonymous, a community-based association of recovering drug addicts, meets in Tupelo.
• Tupelo group meets at the Salvation Army on Carnation Street at noon Monday through Saturday, 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and 1 and 8 p.m. Sundays.
• Solutions group, meets at 314 South Church St., 6 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays, 8 p.m. Tuesdays and 7 p.m. Saturday.
Groups also meet in Amory, Booneville, Corinth, Ecru, Oxford, Ripley, West Point and Starkville. Call 841-9998 or toll-free (866) 841-9998 for more information.
– Nar-Anon, a support group for friends and family members of people addicted to drugs, meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at St. James Catholic Life Center on North Gloster Street, Tupelo. Call 322-1631 and leave a message for more information.
– Overeaters Anonymous meets at noon Wednesday at DanceQuest Studio on Spring Street in Tupelo. Call 255-1063.
n Ostomy Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month in the NMMC East Tower Education Center. Call 377-2395 or (800) 843-3375.
– Parkinson’s Support Group-Oxford will meet at 6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of the month at Magnolia Auditorium at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. For more information, call Harry Sneed at 234-3232.
*n Parkinson’s Support Group-Tupelo meets at 2 p.m. the first Sunday of the month. Contact Ginger Gore or Amanda Allen at (662) 377-3729 or (800) 843-3375.
• Second Chance Transplant Awareness Group meets at 6:30 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month except for June at McAlister’s Deli, Tupelo. Call Mississippi Organ Recovery Agency, Tupelo office (662) 841-1960.
– A Sexual Addiction Support Group meets in Tupelo. Call 841-0403.
– A Sexual Assault Support Group meets at 11 a.m. every Wednesday. Call (800) 527-7233 for location.
– Stroke Support Group-Starkville meets at 10 a.m. the third Wednesday of the month in the OCH Healthplex multi-purpose room in Starkville. Call Nikki Yoakley at 615-3030.
– TOPS, a weight loss support group, has two chapters meeting in Northeast Mississippi. Fees are $24 for annual membership; $12 for spouses and teens. Call (800) 932-8677 or visit www.tops.org.
• In Tupelo: 5:30 p.m. Thursdays at Salvation Army Building at 527 Carnation St. Call Janice Roach at (662) 871-8653.
• In Aberdeen: 5 p.m. Tuesdays at Southside Baptist Church on Meridian Street. Call Janet Luker, 369-6836 or 369-1878, Grace Guin, 369-4431 or Pat Harris, 327-7152.
– Women with Cancer Support Group-Tupelo meets at 6 p.m. the third Monday of each month at Women First Resource Center, 215 N. Gloster, Suite D, Tupelo. Call (662) 842-5725.
– Women with Cancer Support Group-Amory meets at noon the second Tuesday of the month at the Family Resource Center in downtown Amory. Sponsored by Women First Resource Center. Call 325-0721.