These support groups are set to meet in the next two weeks:
n ACTS – Alcohol Chemical Treatment Series – is a curriculum-based self-help, recovery and educational program for anyone wanting to recover from alcohol or drugs, and their families. ACTS meets from 6 to 7 p.m. every Tuesday at Cedar Grove United Pentecostal Church on North Veterans Boulevard, Tupelo. ACTS is free. Call 844-9637.
n Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women working to solve their common problem of alcoholism. There are no dues or fees.
– Tupelo: 31 meetings are offered. Call 844-0374 or visit www.inter-group.org/aa/tupelo.
– There are also meetings in Aberdeen, Ackerman, Amory, Belmont, Booneville, Bruce, Calhoun City, Corinth, Fulton, Holly Springs, Houlka, Houston, New Albany, Oxford, Pontotoc, Starkville and West Point. Call (800) 344-2666.
n For a listing of addiction support groups around Northeast Mississippi, call the National Council on Alcohol and Drug Dependency at 841-0403 or check www.msncadd.net.
n Addiction help – Narconon, an international organization of treatment centers, drug education and prevention services, provides free consultations from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week for those with drug addictions. Call (800) 556-8885.
n Al-Anon is a fellowship of friends and relatives of alcoholics. The group has meetings at several locations throughout Tupelo:
– Tupelo Serenity Group, 8 p.m. Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays at 613 Pegram Drive. Call 610-5950.
– First Presbyterian Church, 8 p.m. Tuesday. Call 844-0374 or (800) 344-2666.
– Peace Seekers Al-Anon Family Group meets at noon Wednesday and Friday at Calvary Baptist Church. Call 401-8094 or (800) 344-2666.
– Solution Seekers Adult Children of Alcholics meets at noon Mondays at Calvary Baptist Church fellowship hall. Call Nancy P. at (847) 902-6267.
n Celebrate Recovery is a Bible-based group open to those struggling with addiction, anger issues, grief, guilt, shame, financial loss, abuse, eating disorders or compulsive behaviors.
– West Jackson Street Baptist Church, Tupelo, meets at 7 p.m. Fridays in the youth building. Contact Neil Naron at 891-1773 or Susan Naron at 871-3872.
– Lee Acres Church of Christ on Lawndale Drive, Tupelo meets at 6 p.m. Tuesdays. Childcare available. Call Brad Carman at 844-3111 or Joey Grist at 321-0059.
n A Domestic Violence Support Group meets at 6 p.m. every Thursday. Call (800) 527-7233 for location. Child care is provided.
n Fibromyalgia Support Group-Tupelo meets at 6:30 p.m. on the fourth Monday of the month at the Women First Resource Center 215 N. Gloster, Suite D, in Tupelo. Call 842-5725.
n Gamblers Anonymous, a 12-step recovery support group for people with a gambling problem.
– In Tupelo, the group meets at 6 p.m. every Monday at Lee Acres Church of Christ on Lawndale Drive. Call 315-2219.
– In Oxford, the group meets at 5 p.m. every Thursday at 5 p.m. at Oxford Church of Christ on North Lamar Boulevard. Call 816-2924.
n Grief Support Groups in Oxford meets at 6 p.m. the second Tuesday and at noon the fourth Wednesday of the month at Azalea Gardens in Oxford. Sponsored by North Mississippi Hospice of Oxford. Call Olevia Partlow at 234-0140.
n La Leche League of Lee County offers breastfeeding support to moms online. Call Toni Hill at 255-8283 or e-mail email@example.com.
n Man-to-Man prostate cancer support group meets at 6 p.m. the first Tuesday of the month in the NMMC East Tower education center, Room 21, Tupelo. Call 377-3985 or (800) 843-3375.
n Mental Health Family support group will meet at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Saturday of the month at North Mississippi RC on Highway 7 in Oxford. The group is designed for family members of people with serious mental illness. Call (800) 357-0388 or visit www.nami.org.
n Mississippi Chapter of Parents of Blind Children will meet at 2 p.m. the last Saturday of the month at the Harden House office on North Gloster Street in Tupelo. Contact Pat Sartain at 871-8262.
n NAMI Connection, a weekly recovery group for people living with mental illness, meets Sundays at 3:30 p.m. at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Call (800) 357-0388 or visit www.nami.org.
n Narcotics Anonymous, a community-based association of recovering drug addicts, meets in Tupelo.
– 815 Harrison Street, noon Monday through Saturday, 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and 1 and 8 p.m. Sundays.
– Helping Hands, 314 S. Church St., 6 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays, 8 p.m. Tuesdays and 7 p.m. Saturday.
Groups also meet in Amory, Booneville, Corinth, Ecru, Oxford, Ripley, West Point and Starkville. Call 841-9998 or toll-free (866) 841-9998 for more information.
n Nar-Anon, a support group for friends and family members of people addicted to drugs, meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at St. James Catholic Life Center on North Gloster Street. Call 322-1631 and leave a message for more information.
n Overeaters Anonymous meets at noon Wednesday at DanceQuest Studio on Spring Street in Tupelo. Call 255-1063.
n Osteoporosis Support Group will not meet in November or December. The group will resume meetings in January at noon the fourth Thursday of each month at Longtown Medical Park, Tupelo. Call Jennifer Rangel at 377-7480 and (800) 843-3375.
n A Sexual Addiction Support Group meets in Tupelo. Call 841-0403.
n A Sexual Assault Support Group meets at 11 a.m. every Wednesday. Call (800) 527-7233 for location.
n TOPS, a weight loss support group, has two chapters meeting in Northeast Mississippi. Fees are $24 for annual membership; $12 for spouses and teens. Call (800) 932-8677 or visit www.tops.org.
– In Tupelo: 5:30 p.m. Thursdays at Salvation Army Building at 527 Carnation St. Call Nita at 891-8651.
– In Aberdeen: 5 p.m. Tuesdays at Southside Baptist Church on Meridian Street. Call Janet Luker, 369-6836 or 369-1878, Grace Guin, 369-4431 or Pat Harris, 327-7152.
– In Itawamba County: 6 p.m. Tuesdays at Carlson’s Corner on John Rankin Highway in Ryan’s Well. Call Doris at 585-3117 or Joan at 585-4466.
n Women with Cancer Support Group-Pontotoc meets at 6:30 p.m. the first Monday of the month at the Chamber of Commerce. Sponsored by Women First Resource Center. Call 489-4701.