By NEMS Daily Journal
These support groups are set to meet in the next two weeks:
ACTS – Alcohol Chemical Treatment Series – is a curriculum-based self-help, recovery and educational program for anyone wanting to recover from alcohol or drugs, and their families. ACTS meets from 6 to 7 p.m. every Tuesday at Cedar Grove United Pentecostal Church on North Veterans Boulevard, Tupelo. ACTS is free. Call (662) 844-9637.
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women working to solve their common problem of alcoholism. There are no dues or fees.
• Tupelo: 31 meetings are offered. Call (662) 844-0374 or visit visit www.aa-mississippi.org for listings.
• There are also meetings in Aberdeen, Ackerman, Amory, Belmont, Booneville, Bruce, Calhoun City, Corinth, Fulton, Holly Springs, Houlka, Houston, Iuka, New Albany, Oxford, Pontotoc, Starkville and West Point. Call (800) 344-2666.
For a listing of addiction support groups around Northeast Mississippi, call National Council on Alcohol and Drug Dependency at (662) 841-0403 or check www.msncadd.net.
Addiction help – Narconon, an international organization of treatment centers, drug education and prevention services, provides free consultations from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week for those with drug addictions. Call (800) 556-8885.
Al-Anon is a fellowship of friends and relatives of alcoholics. The group has meetings at several locations:
• American Legion Building, Fairground Circle, New Albany, 8 p.m. Mondays.
• Cornerstone Methodist Church, Tupelo, 5:30 p.m. Mondays. Call (662) 871-687-1811 or (662) 871-8068.
• First Presbyterian Church, Tupelo 8 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Easy Does it Group, noon Thursdays at Brooks Center at Fulton Methodist Church. Call Bob W. (662) 401-8094.
• Peace Seekers Family Group, noon Wednesday and Friday at Calvary Baptist Church, Tupelo. Call (662) 401-8094 or (847) 902-6267.
• Saltillo Family group, 10:30 a.m. Saturdays, 385 Mobile St., Saltillo, (662) 871-7646.
• Solution Seekers – Adult Children of Alcoholics meets at noon Mondays at Calvary Baptist Church fellowship hall, Tupelo. Call Nancy P. at (847) 902-6267.
Groups also meet in Belmont, Corinth and Oxford.
Celebrate Recovery is a Bible-based group open to those struggling with addiction, anger issues, grief, guilt, shame, financial loss, abuse, eating disorders or compulsive behaviors. Groups meet at:
• 7 p.m. Fridays in the youth building at West Jackson Street Baptist Church, Tupelo. Contact Neil Naron at (662) 891-1773 or Susan Naron at 871-3872.
• 6 p.m. Saturdays at NorthStar Church, 112 Bauhaus, Saltillo. Call (662) 869-7778 or e-mail cr@northstarchurch .com.
The Compassionate Friends-Tupelo, a support group for families who have suffered the death of a child of any age, meets at 6 p.m. the fourth Thursday of the month at NMMC Wellness Center in Tupelo. Call Dave Jensen at (662) 842-1327 or (662) 231-1305 or Jamie Harris at (662) 213-2776 or (662) 842-3174. Parents, step-parents, grandparents and siblings are invited to attend. Information is at www.compassionatefriends.org.
Crossroads Multiple Sclerosis Support Group meets at 11:30 a.m. the third Wednesday of the month at the MSU Extension Office behind Crossroads Arena in Corinth. Sponsored by the MS Foundation. Contact Joy Forsyth 462-7325 or joycforsyth@ frontiernet.net.
Diabetes Support Group-Booneville meets at 6 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month at the George F. Allen Library in Booneville. Sponsored by the NMMC Diabetes Treatment Center. Call Kitti Parman at (662) 377-2500 or (800) 843-3375.
A Domestic Violence Support Group meets at 6 p.m. every Thursday in Tupelo. Call (800) 527-7233 for location. Child care is provided.
FACE IT food allergy support group meets the first Friday and third Monday of the month. Focused on parents of children with food allergies, but open to others with medical conditions that require food avoidance. Contact Amelia at (662) 322-7434 or firstname.lastname@example.org for locations and times.
Fibromyalgia Support Group-Tupelo meets at 6 p.m. on the fourth Monday of the month at the Women First Resource Center 215 N. Gloster, Suite D, in Tupelo. Call 842-5725.
Grief Support Group-Fulton sponsored by Gentiva Hospice meets at 1 p.m. the fourth Wednesday of the month at MSU Extension Office in Fulton. Free and open to anyone in need. Call Danny Rushing at (662) 844-2417.
Mended Hearts-Tupelo, a support group for people who have had heart-bypass surgery, heart disease or other physical ailments of the heart, meets at 5:45 p.m. the last Thursday of each month in Room 21 of the NMMC East Tower Education Center. Dinner available for $11; RSVP required for dinner. Call Frances Cobb at (662) 840-4335 to register.
Mental Health Family support group will meet at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Saturday of the month at North Mississippi RC on Highway 7 in Oxford. The group is designed for family members of people with serious mental illness. Call (800) 357-0388 or visit www.nami.org.
Mississippi Chapter of Parents of Blind Children will meet at 9 a.m. the last Saturday of the month at the Harden House office on North Gloster Street in Tupelo. Contact Pat Sartain at (662) 871-8262.
NAMI Connection, a weekly recovery group for people living with mental illness, meets Sundays at 3:30 p.m. at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Call (800) 357-0388 or visit www.nami.org.
Narcotics Anonymous, a community-based association of recovering drug addicts, meets in Lee County.
• Tupelo group meets at the Salvation Army on Carnation Street at 6 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. Sundays.
• Mooreville group meets at 4:30 p.m. Sunday and 6 p.m. Wednesday at Living Waters Community Church on County Road 1554.
• Groups also meet in Ackerman, Amory, Booneville, Bruce, Corinth, New Albany, Oxford, Pontotoc, Ripley and Starkville.
Call (662) 841-9998 or toll-free (866) 841-9998 for more information.
New Moms Support Group meets at 10:30 a.m. Fridays at the Breast Feeding Resource Center at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi. Open to all new moms. Call (662) 513-1602.
Northeast Mississippi Down Syndrome Society offers support and information resources for families of children with Down Syndrome. The group hosts the Buddy Walk in October. Call (662) 871-2387 or (662) 869-3211, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.nemdss.org.
Sexual Addiction Support Group meets in Tupelo. Call (662) 841-0403.
Sexual Assault Support Group meets at 1 p.m. every Wednesday. Call (800) 527-7233 for location.
Stroke support groups meet in:
• Tupelo at 5 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month in NMMC East Tower Room 21. Call Stacy Scruggs at (662) 377-4058.
• Starkville at 10 a.m. to noon July 17 and Sept. 18 in the OCH Regional education room. For more info, call the speech language pathology department at (662) 615-3020.
Survivors of child sexual abuse support group meets at 1 p.m. Wednesdays. Call (800) 527-7233 for location.
T.A.A.P. (Teen Addiction Awareness Program) is a free 10-week program offered by the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence building, 200 N. Spring St., Tupelo. The program, which meets for 90 minutes once a week, is open to teens age 13-18. There will be educational sessions on every aspect of drug and alcohol use and abuse. Call NCADD at (662) 841-0403 or www.ncadd.net.
TOPS, a weight loss support group, has four chapters meeting in Northeast Mississippi. Fees are $28 for annual membership; $14 for spouses and teens. Call area captain Tina Evans at (662) 369-7151, state coordinator Pat Harris at (662) 386-0249 or (800) 932-8677 or visit www.tops.org.
• Tupelo: 4:30 p.m. Thursdays at Salvation Army Building at 527 Carnation St. Call Ann Ivy at (662) 566-2816 or (662) 397-4998.
• Aberdeen: 5 p.m. Tuesdays at Southside Baptist Church on Meridian Street. Call Grace Guin at (662) 369-4431.
• Corinth: 4:45 p.m. Tuesdays at Church of the Crossroads on U.S. Highway 72 East Annex. Call Betty Jones at (662) 286-3020.
• Corinth: 4:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Waldron Street Christian Church on East Waldron Street. Call Heather Johnson at (662) 415-2517.
Women with Cancer support group, sponsored by the Women First Resource Center, is available in Amory. Call (662) 325-0721.
Women with Cancer support group meets at 6 p.m. the third Monday of each month at the Women First Resource Center, 215 N. Gloster, Suite D, in Tupelo. Call (662) 842-5725.