By NEMS Daily Journal
These support groups are set to meet in the next two weeks:
ACTS – Alcohol Chemical Treatment Series – is a curriculum-based self-help, recovery and educational program for anyone wanting to recover from alcohol or drugs, and their families. ACTS meets from 6 to 7 p.m. every Tuesday at Cedar Grove United Pentecostal Church on North Veterans Boulevard, Tupelo. ACTS is free. Call 844-9637.
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women working to solve their common problem of alcoholism. There are no dues or fees.
• Tupelo: 31 meetings are offered. Call 844-0374 or visit www.aa-mississippi.org for listings.
• There are also meetings in Aberdeen, Ackerman, Amory, Belmont, Booneville, Bruce, Calhoun City, Corinth, Fulton, Holly Springs, Houlka, Houston, Iuka, New Albany, Oxford, Pontotoc, Starkville and West Point. Call (800) 344-2666.
For a listing of addiction support groups around Northeast Mississippi, call the National Council on Alcohol and Drug Dependency at 841-0403 or check www.msncadd.net.
Addiction help – Narconon, an international organization of treatment centers, drug education and prevention services, provides free consultations from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week for those with drug addictions. Call (800) 556-8885.
Al-Anon is a fellowship of friends and relatives of alcoholics. The group has meetings at several locations:
• Tupelo Serenity Group, 8 p.m. Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays at 613 Pegram Drive. Call 610-5950.
• First Presbyterian Church, Tupelo 8 p.m. Tuesday. Call 844-0374 or (800) 344-2666.
• Fulton Methodist Church noon Thursdays. Call Bob W. (662) 401-8094.
• Peace Seekers Al-Anon Family Group meets at noon Wednesday and Friday at Calvary Baptist Church, Tupelo. Call 401-8094 or (800) 344-2666.
• Solution Seekers – Adult Children of Alcoholics meets at noon Mondays at Calvary Baptist Church fellowship hall, Tupelo. Call Nancy P. at (847) 902-6267.
Arthritis Support Group will meet at 9:15 a.m. the second Monday of the month at Oktibbeha County Hospital Wellness Connection, in Starkville. Call (662) 323-9355.
AWAKE, a support group for people with sleep apnea and their families, meets quarterly at NMMC. Call (800) 843-3375.
Better Breathers, a support group for those living with chronic lung disease, meets at 1 p.m. the third Wednesday of the month at the Magnolia Regional Medical Center Harper Road Complex in Corinth. Call Candice Whitaker at 279-0801.
Celebrate Recovery is a Bible-based group open to those struggling with addiction, anger issues, grief, guilt, shame, financial loss, abuse, eating disorders or compulsive behaviors.
• West Jackson Street Baptist Church, Tupelo, meets at 7 p.m. Fridays in the youth building. Contact Neil Naron at 891-1773 or Susan Naron at 871-3872.
• Lee Acres Church of Christ on Lawndale Drive, Tupelo meets at 6 p.m. Tuesdays. Childcare available. Call the church at 844-3111 or Joey Grist at 321-0059.
The Compassionate Friends-West Point, a support group for families who have suffered the death of a child of any age, meets in Tupelo and West Point. Parents, step-parents, grandparents and siblings are invited to attend. Information is at www.compassionatefriends.org.
• West Point: 6 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month at NMMC-West Point. Call Michele Rowe at (662) 495-2337.
• Tupelo: 6 p.m. the fourth Thursday of the month at NMMC Wellness Center in Tupelo. Call Dave Jensen at (662) 842-1327 or (662) 231-1305 or Jamie Seale at (662) 213-2776 or (662) 842-3174.
Crossroads Multiple Sclerosis Support Group meets at 11:30 a.m. the third Wednesday of the month at the MSU Extension Office behind Crossroads Arena in Corinth. Sponsored by the MS Foundation. Contact Joy Forsyth 462-7325 or email@example.com.
Diabetes Support Group-Starkville meets at 5:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month at Oktibbeha County Hospital educational facility. Call Nicky Yeatman at 615-2668.
Diabetes Support Group-Booneville meets at 6 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month at the George F. Allen Library in Booneville. Sponsored by the NMMC Diabetes Treatment Center. Call Kitti Parman at (662) 377-2500 or (800) 843-3375.
Diabetes Support Group-West Point meets quarterly at NMMC-West Point. Contact Ginger Carver at (662) 495-2213.
The Disability Support Group meets at 2 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month at LIFE office, Cliff Gookin Boulevard, Tupelo. People with all kinds of physical and mental disabilities are welcome. Call Michael Sullivan at (662) 844-6633.
Divorce Support Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month for people working to heal after divorce, separation or broken engagement at the St. James Catholic Life Center in Tupelo. A support group for teen children of divorce – 13 and up – meets at the same time. Call Lynn Weeks at (662) 842-3437.
A Domestic Violence Support Group meets at 3:30 p.m. the fourth Thursday of the month at the Lee County Family Resource Center in Tupelo. Child care available. Call 844-0013.
A Domestic Violence Support Group meets at 6 p.m. every Thursday. Call (800) 527-7233 for location. Child care is provided.
FACE IT food allergy support group meets the first Friday and third Monday of the month. Focused on parents of children with food allergies, but open to others with medical conditions that require food avoidance. Contact Amelia at (662) 322-7434 or firstname.lastname@example.org for locations and times.
Gamblers Anonymous, a 12-step recovery support group for people with a gambling problem, meets at 6 p.m. every Monday at Lee Acres Church of Christ on Lawndale Drive in Tupelo. Call 316-2219.
Grief Support Group-Booneville sponsored by Amedisys Hospice meets at 10 a.m. the third Tuesday of the month at the George E. Allen Library. Call Danny Rushing at North Mississippi Hospice at (662) 620-1050.
Grief Support Groups-Oxford meets at 6 p.m. the second Tuesday and the fourth Wednesday of the month at Azalea Gardens in Oxford. Sponsored by North Mississippi Hospice of Oxford. Call Tracy Morgan at (662) 234-0140.
Grief Support Group-Tupelo sponsored by North Mississippi Hospice meets at 7 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of the month at Spanish Village, Suite 105. Free and open to anyone in need. Call Danny Rushing at (662) 620-1050.
Life Support, a group for those overwhelmed by life, especially those affected by addiction, meets at 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Lee Acres Church of Christ. Call (662) 844-3111 or visit www.leeacreschurch .org.
Lupus Support Group meets at 6 p.m. the third Thursday of the month in Tupelo at Link Centre library. Sponsored by the Lupus Foundation of America. Open to anyone interested in lupus. Contact Michelle Harris at 640-2407 or 256-2604.
Mended Hearts-Corinth, a support group for people who have had heart-bypass surgery, heart disease or other physical ailments of the heart, meets at 10 a.m. the second Monday of the month Cardiac Rehab Conference Room at Magnolia Community Service Center Complex in Corinth. Contact Barbara Williams at 293-1086.
Mended Hearts-Oxford, a support group for people who have had heart-bypass surgery, heart disease or other physical ailments of the heart, meets at noon the second Wednesday of the month at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Call Riley McMinn at 232-8166.
Mental Health Family Support Group will meet at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Saturday of the month at North Mississippi RC on Highway 7 in Oxford. The group is designed for family members of people with serious mental illness. Call (800) 357-0388 or visit www.nami.org.
Multiple Sclerosis support group-Oxford meets at 6:30 p.m. the fourth Thursday of the month in the Magnolia room at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Call Robert Allen at (662) 234-3515.
NAMI Connection, a weekly recovery group for people living with mental illness, meets Sundays at 3:30 p.m. at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Call (800) 357-0388 or visit www.nami.org.
Narcotics Anonymous, a community-based association of recovering drug addicts, meets in Tupelo.
• Tupelo group meets at the Salvation Army on Carnation Street at 6 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, noon and 7:30 p.m. Saturdays and 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. Sundays.
• Solutions group meets at 314 South Church St., 6 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays, 8 p.m. Tuesdays and 7 p.m. Saturdays.
• Groups also meet in Ackerman, Amory, Booneville, Bruce, Corinth, Ecru, New Albany, Oxford, Ripley and Starkville. Call (662) 841-9998 or toll-free (866) 841-9998 for more information.
New Moms Support Group meets at 10:30 a.m. Fridays at the Breast Feeding Resource Center at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi. Open to all new moms. Call (662) 513-1602.
Parkinson’s Support Group-Oxford will meet at 6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of the month at Magnolia Auditorium at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. For more information, call Harry Sneed at 234-3232.
Second Chance Transplant Awareness Group meets at 6:30 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month, except for June, at McAlister’s Deli, Tupelo. Call Mississippi Organ Recovery Agency, Tupelo office (662) 841-1960.
A Sexual Addiction Support Group meets in Tupelo. Call (662) 841-0403.
A Sexual Assault Support Group meets at 11 a.m. every Wednesday. Call (800) 527-7233 for location.
Stroke Support Group meets from 10 a.m. to noon every other month month in the OCH Regional education room in Starkville. For more info, call the speech language pathology department at (662) 615-3020.
TOPS, a weight loss support group, has two chapters meeting in Northeast Mississippi. Fees are $24 for annual membership; $12 for spouses and teens. Call (800) 932-8677 or visit www.tops.org.
• Tupelo: 5:30 p.m. Thursdays at Salvation Army Building at 527 Carnation St. Call Janice Roach at (662) 871-8653.
• Aberdeen: 5 p.m. Tuesdays at Southside Baptist Church on Meridian Street. Call Janet Luker, 369-6836 or 369-1878, Grace Guin, 369-4431 or Pat Harris, 327-7152.
Tupelo Lost Chords Club meets at noon the third Thursday of the month at the Longtown Medical Park conference room in Tupelo. The club is open to all laryngectomees, spouses of laryngectomees and interested professionals. Call Lisa Renfroe at 377-3248.
Women with Cancer support group meets at 6 p.m. the third Monday of each month at the Women First Resource Center, 215 N. Gloster, Suite D, in Tupelo. Call (662) 842-5725.
Women with Cancer support group, sponsored by the Women First Resource Center, is available in Amory. Call (662) 325-0721.