These support groups are set to meet in the next two weeks:
n ACTS – Alcohol Chemical Treatment Series – is a curriculum-based self-help, recovery and educational program for anyone wanting to recover from alcohol or drugs, and their families. ACTS meets from 6 to 7 p.m. every Tuesday at Cedar Grove United Pentecostal Church on North Veterans Boulevard, Tupelo. ACTS is free. Call 844-9637.
n Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women working to solve their common problem of alcoholism. There are no dues or fees.
- Tupelo: 31 meetings are offered. Call 844-0374 or visit www.inter-group.org/aa/tupelo.
- There are also meetings in Aberdeen, Ackerman, Amory, Belmont, Booneville, Bruce, Calhoun City, Corinth, Fulton, Holly Springs, Houlka, Houston, New Albany, Oxford, Pontotoc, Starkville and West Point. Call (800) 344-2666.
n For a listing of addiction support groups around Northeast Mississippi, call the National Council on Alcohol and Drug Dependency at 841-0403 or check www.msncadd.net.
n Addiction help – Narconon, an international organization of treatment centers, drug education and prevention services, provides free consultations from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week for those with drug addictions. Call (800) 556-8885.
n Al-Anon is a fellowship of friends and relatives of alcoholics. The group has meetings at several locations throughout Tupelo:
- Tupelo Serenity Group, 8 p.m. Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays at 613 Pegram St. Call 610-5950.
- First Presbyterian Church, 8 p.m. Tuesday. Call 844-0374 or (800) 344-2666.
- Peace Seekers Al-Anon Family Group meets at noon Wednesday and Friday at Calvary Baptist Church. Call 401-8094 or (800) 344-2666.
n Alzheimer’s Support Group-Tupelo meets at 7 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month at the Cedars Health Center Activity Room in Tupelo. Open to anyone who has a relative or friend suffering from Alzheimer’s disease or any dementia-related illness. Call Terri Armstrong at 844-1441.
n An Amputee Support Group meets at noon the first Thursday of each month at Longtown Medical Park, 4381 S. Eason Blvd., Tupelo. Call 377-7225 or (800) 843-3375.
n Bariatric Support Group meets at 6 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month in the Magnolia Auditorium at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi, Oxford. Call Becky Wilson at 513-9671.
n Celebrate Recovery is a Bible-based group open to those struggling with addiction, anger issues, grief, guilt, shame, financial loss, abuse, eating disorders or compulsive behaviors.
- West Jackson Street Baptist Church, Tupelo, meets at 7 p.m. Fridays in the youth building. Contact Neil Naron at 891-1773 or Susan Naron at 871-3872.
- Lee Acres Church of Christ on Lawndale Drive, Tupelo meets at 6 p.m. Tuesdays. Childcare available. Call Brad Carman at 844-3111 or Joey Grist at 321-0059.
n The Compassionate Friends-Tupelo, a support group for families who have suffered the death of a child of any age, meets at 6:30 p.m. the fourth Thursday of the month at NMMC Wellness Center. Call Kristi Bennett at 322-7794 or 377-5748 or Jamie Seale at 842-3174, Christy Whitley at 377-4924 or visit www.compassionatefriends.org.
n A Domestic Violence Support Group meets at 6 p.m. every Thursday. Call (800) 527-7233 for location. Child care is provided.
n Epilepsy Support Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the first Monday of the month at All Saints’ Episcopal Church in Tupelo. Call Cristina Curry at 610-8866 or Kasey McFate at 587-5319. Free child care available.
n A Fibromyalgia Support Group-Corinth for patients and caregivers meets monthly at 7 p.m. the first Tuesday of the month at the Tinnin Apartment Complex banquet room in Corinth. For more information, call Nadine Leatherwood at 287-8824.
n Fibromyalgia Support Group-Tupelo meets at 6:30 p.m. on the fourth Monday of the month at the Women First Resource Center 215 N. Gloster, Suite D, in Tupelo. Call 842-5725.
n Gamblers Anonymous, a 12-step recovery support group for people with a gambling problem.
- In Tupelo, the group meets at 6 p.m. every Monday at Lee Acres Church of Christ on Lawndale Drive. Call 315-2219.
- In Oxford, the group meets at 5 p.m. every Thursday at 5 p.m. at Oxford Church of Christ on North Lamar Boulevard. Call 816-2924.
n Grief Support Groups in Oxford meets at 6 p.m. the second Tuesday and at noon the fourth Wednesday of the month at Azalea Gardens in Oxford. Sponsored by North Mississippi Hospice of Oxford. Call Olevia Partlow at 234-0140.
n La Leche League of Lee County offers breastfeeding support to moms online. Call Toni Hill at 255-8283 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
n Man-to-Man prostate cancer support group meets at 6 p.m. the first Tuesday of the month in the NMMC East Tower education center, Room 21, Tupelo. Call 377-3985 or (800) 843-3375.
n Mended Hearts Inc.-Tupelo, a support group for people who have had heart-bypass surgery, heart disease or other physical ailments of the heart, meets at 6 p.m. the last Thursday of each month at Room 21 of the NMMC East Tower Education Center. Dinner available for $10; RSVP required for dinner. Call Lorene McAlilly at 620-6430 to register.
n Mental Health support group meets at 6:30 p.m. Thursdays at NMMC Behavioral Health Center on Eason Boulevard in Tupelo for individuals who have a serious mental illness and their families. Sponsored by the National Alliance of Mental Illness-Mississippi. Call 871-0421, (800) 357-0388 or visit www.nami.org.
n Mental Health Family support group will meet at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Saturday of the month at North Mississippi RC on Highway 7 in Oxford. The group is designed for family members of people with serious mental illness. Call (800) 357-0388 or visit www.nami.org.
n Mississippi Council of the Blind of North Mississippi meets at 10 a.m. the first Saturday of each month at the REACH Center for the Blind on Pegram Boulevard, Tupelo. The organization is open to the blind or visually impaired, and sighted people. Call Tammy Cantrell at 620-7677.
n Mississippi Chapter of Parents of Blind Children will meet at 2 p.m. the last Saturday of the month at the Harden House office on North Gloster Street in Tupelo. Contact Pat Sartain at 871-8262.
n NAMI Connection, a weekly recovery group for people living with mental illness, meets Sundays at 3:30 p.m. at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Call (800) 357-0388 or visit www.nami.org.
n Narcotics Anonymous, a community-based association of recovering drug addicts, meets in Tupelo.
- 815 Harrison Street, noon Monday through Saturday, 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and 1 and 8 p.m. Sundays.
- Helping Hands, 314 S. Church St., 6 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays, 8 p.m. Tuesdays and 7 p.m. Saturday.
Groups also meet in Amory, Booneville, Corinth, Ecru, Oxford, Ripley, West Point and Starkville. Call 841-9998 or toll-free (866) 841-9998 for more information.
n Nar-Anon, a support group for friends and family members of people addicted to drugs, meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at St. James Catholic Life Center on North Gloster Street. Call 322-1631 and leave a message for more information.
n Overeaters Anonymous meets at noon Wednesday at DanceQuest Studio on Spring Street in Tupelo. Call 255-1063.
n Parkinson’s Disease Support Group meets at 3 p.m. the first Sunday of the month at NMMC Wellness Center in Tupelo. Open to people with Parkinson’s and their families. Call Ginger Gore or Amanda Allen at 377-3729 or (800) 843-3375.
n A Sexual Addiction Support Group meets in Tupelo. Call 841-0403.
n A Sexual Assault Support Group meets at 11 a.m. every Wednesday. Call (800) 527-7233 for location.
n Sisters Network, Tupelo chapter of the African-American breast cancer survivor’s support group, meets at 6:30 p.m. the first Monday of the month at the Link Centre in Tupelo. Call Edna Ware at 842-3440.
n TOPS, a weight loss support group, has two chapters meeting in Northeast Mississippi. Fees are $24 for annual membership; $12 for spouses and teens. Call (800) 932-8677 or visit www.tops.org.
- In Tupelo: 5:30 p.m. Thursdays at Salvation Army Building at 527 Carnation St. Call Nita at 891-8651.
– In Aberdeen: 5 p.m. Tuesdays at Southside Baptist Church on Meridian Street. Call Janet Luker, 369-6836 or 369-1878, Grace Guin, 369-4431 or Pat Harris, 327-7152.
- In Itawamba County: 6 p.m. Tuesdays at Carlson’s Corner on John Rankin Highway in Ryan’s Well. Call Doris at 585-3117 or Joan at 585-4466.
n Women with Cancer Support Group-Pontotoc meets at 6:30 p.m. the first Monday of the month at the Chamber of Commerce. Sponsored by Women First Resource Center. Call 489-4701.