These support groups are set to meet in the next two weeks:
– ACTS – Alcohol Chemical Treatment Series – is a curriculum-based self-help, recovery and educational program for anyone wanting to recover from alcohol or drugs, and their families. ACTS meets from 6 to 7 p.m. every Tuesday at Cedar Grove United Pentecostal Church on North Veterans Boulevard, Tupelo. ACTS is free. Call 844-9637.
– Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women working to solve their common problem of alcoholism. There are no dues or fees.
• Tupelo: 31 meetings are offered. Call 844-0374 or visit www.aa-mississippi.org for listings.
• There are also meetings in Aberdeen, Ackerman, Amory, Belmont, Booneville, Bruce, Calhoun City, Corinth, Fulton, Holly Springs, Houlka, Houston, New Albany, Oxford, Pontotoc, Starkville and West Point. Call (800) 344-2666.
– For a listing of addiction support groups around Northeast Mississippi, call the National Council on Alcohol and Drug Dependency at 841-0403 or check www.msncadd.net.
– Addiction help – Narconon, an international organization of treatment centers, drug education and prevention services, provides free consultations from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week for those with drug addictions. Call (800) 556-8885.
– Al-Anon is a fellowship of friends and relatives of alcoholics. The group has meetings at several locations throughout Tupelo:
• Tupelo Serenity Group, 8 p.m. Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays at 613 Pegram Drive. Call 610-5950.
• First Presbyterian Church, 8 p.m. Tuesday. Call 844-0374 or (800) 344-2666.
• Peace Seekers Al-Anon Family Group meets at noon Wednesday and Friday at Calvary Baptist Church. Call 401-8094 or (800) 344-2666.
• Solution Seekers – Adult Children of Alcoholics meets at noon Mondays at Calvary Baptist Church fellowship hall. Call Nancy P. at (847) 902-6267.
– Alzheimer’s support groups for family members and friends of those with the disease meet in:
• West Point: meets quarterly at NMMC-West Point. Call Brenda Johnson at (662) 495-2339 or (800) 843-3375.
• Tupelo: 6 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month at the Cedars Health Center Activity Room. Call Terri at (662) 844-1441.
– An Amputee Support Group meets at noon the first Thursday of the month at Longtown Medical Park, Tupelo. Call (662) 377-7225 or (800) 843-3375.
– AWAKE, a support group for people with sleep apnea and their families, meets quarterly at NMMC. Next meeting is Oct. 19. Call (800) 843-3375.
– Bariatric Support Group meets at 6 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month in the Magnolia Auditorium at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi, Oxford. Call Becky Wilson at 513-9671.
– Breastfeeding Support Group is offered at 11 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at the Baptist HealthPlex in Oxford and at 6 p.m. the third Tuesday at Oxford University Methodist Church, Room 110. Sponsored by La Leche League. Call 232-8113.
– Cancer Outreach of North Mississippi will meet at 7 p.m. the first Thursday of the month at CREATE in Tupelo. Assisted by the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. Call Patsy Gregory at (662) 401-0715.
– Celebrate Recovery is a Bible-based group open to those struggling with addiction, anger issues, grief, guilt, shame, financial loss, abuse, eating disorders or compulsive behaviors.
• West Jackson Street Baptist Church, Tupelo, meets at 7 p.m. Fridays in the youth building. Contact Neil Naron at 891-1773 or Susan Naron at 871-3872.
• Lee Acres Church of Christ on Lawndale Drive, Tupelo meets at 6 p.m. Tuesdays. Childcare available. Call the church at 844-3111 or Joey Grist at 321-0059.
– Diabetes Support Group-New Albany meets at 6 p.m. the fourth Monday of every other month at education building at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County in New Albany. The next meeting is Sept. 27. Contact Mary Foley at (662) 538-2199.
– A Domestic Violence Support Group meets at 6 p.m. every Thursday. Call (800) 527-7233 for location. Child care is provided.
– Fibromyalgia Support Group-Tupelo meets at 6 p.m. on the fourth Monday of the month at the Women First Resource Center 215 N. Gloster, Suite D, in Tupelo. Call 842-5725.
– Gamblers Anonymous, a 12-step recovery support group for people with a gambling problem, meets at 6 p.m. every Monday at Lee Acres Church of Christ on Lawndale Drive in Tupelo. Call 316-2219.
– Gray Matters Support Group for anyone diagnosed with a brain tumor and their caregivers meets at 6 p.m. the last Tuesday of the month at the NMMC Cancer Center in Tupelo. Call Cindy Edwards at (662) 377-4049 or (800) 843-3375.
– I Can Cope cancer support group usually meets at noon the second Friday of the month at Bridgepoint on South Gloster Street. Guest speakers. Lunch provided for cancer survivors and caregivers. Sponsored by the American Cancer Society. Call coordinator Donna Kingsley at (662) 213-8478.
– La Leche League of Lee County offers breastfeeding support to moms. The group meets at 11 a.m. the first Monday of the month at NMMC Women’s Hospital, Classroom C. All pregnant and breastfeeding mothers are invited to attend. Call Toni Hill at (662) 255-8283 or e-mail email@example.com.
n Life Support, a group for those overwhelmed by life, especially those affected by addiction, meets at 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Lee Acres Church of Christ. Call (662) 844-3111 or visit www.leeacreschurch.org
– Mended Hearts Inc.-Tupelo, a support group for people who have had heart-bypass surgery, heart disease or other physical ailments of the heart, meets at 6 p.m. the last Thursday of each month at Room 21 of the NMMC East Tower Education Center. Dinner available for $11; RSVP required for dinner. Call Ken Krason at (662) 844-6731 or Joan Smith at (662) 842-2110 to register.
– Mental Health Family Support Group will meet at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Saturday of the month at North Mississippi RC on Highway 7 in Oxford. The group is designed for family members of people with serious mental illness. Call (800) 357-0388 or visit www.nami.org.
– Mississippi Council of the Blind of North Mississippi meets at 10 a.m. the first Saturday of each month at the REACH Center for the Blind on Pegram Drive in Tupelo. The organization is open to the blind or visually impaired, and sighted people. Call Tammy Cantrell at (662) 620-7677.
– NAMI Connection, a weekly recovery group for people living with mental illness, meets Sundays at 3:30 p.m. at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Call (800) 357-0388 or visit www.nami.org.
n Narcotics Anonymous, a community-based association of recovering drug addicts, meets in Tupelo.
• Tupelo group meets at the Salvation Army on Carnation Street at 6 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, noon and 7:30 p.m. Saturdays and 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. Sundays.
• Solutions group, meets at 314 South Church St., 6 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays, 8 p.m. Tuesdays and 7 p.m. Saturday.
Groups also meet in Ackerman, Amory, Booneville, Bruce, Corinth, Ecru, New Albany, Oxford, Ripley and Starkville. Call (662) 841-9998 or toll-free (866) 841-9998 for more information.
– Nar-Anon, a support group for friends and family members of people addicted to drugs, meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at St. James Catholic Life Center on North Gloster Street, Tupelo. Call 322-1631 and leave a message for more information.
– Ostomy Support Group meets regularly at North Mississippi Medical Center’s East Tower Education Center, 830 S. Gloster St. Call (662) 377-2395 or (800) 843-3375.
– Overeaters Anonymous meets at noon Wednesdays at St. Luke Methodist Church in Tupelo. Contact Brenda at (662) 296-5905 or visit www.oa.org.
– Parkinson’s Support Group-Tupelo meets at 3p.m. the first Sunday of the month. Contact Ginger Gore or Amanda Allen at (662) 377-3729 or (800) 843-3375.
– A Sexual Addiction Support Group meets in Tupelo. Call 841-0403.
– A Sexual Assault Support Group meets at 11 a.m. every Wednesday. Call (800) 527-7233 for location.
– TOPS, a weight loss support group, has two chapters meeting in Northeast Mississippi. Fees are $24 for annual membership; $12 for spouses and teens. Call (800) 932-8677 or visit www.tops.org.
• In Tupelo: 5:30 p.m. Thursdays at Salvation Army Building at 527 Carnation St. Call Janice Roach at (662) 871-8653.
• In Aberdeen: 5 p.m. Tuesdays at Southside Baptist Church on Meridian Street. Call Janet Luker, 369-6836 or 369-1878, Grace Guin, 369-4431 or Pat Harris, 327-7152.
– Weight Loss Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. the first Thursday of the month at NMMC Wellness Center in Tupelo. The group provides education and emotional support for those considering or have gone through bariatric surgery. Contact registered nurse Cherri Cox at 377-7546 or (866) 908-9465.
– Women with Cancer support group, sponsored by the Women First Resource Center, meets at noon the second Tuesday of the month at the Family Resource Center in Amory. Call (662) 325-0721.
NEMS Daily Journal