Amory man dies in Monroe County crash
Coroner Alan Gurley tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal (http://bit.ly/QBr9XA ) the accident took place a 5:57 p.m. Saturday on Highway 8 East near Greenwood Springs.
Albert Welsey Hall was the driver of a van that was going east when he lost control and ran off roadway. He was airlifted to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo where died Saturday night.
Gurley says Hall’s 7-year-old son was a passenger in the vehicle and was airlifted to Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital in Memphis. The condition of the 7-year-old is unknown.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol is investigating the accident.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Monroe JournalMonroe Journal is the Weekly newspaper of Monroe County in Mississippi located in Amory, Mississippi
- Versed southern writer guest of April Booklunch April 17, 2017
- MCSO seeks information regarding stolen John Deere Gator April 19, 2017
- Prairie actress steps into director role of Tupelo Film Festival April 20, 2017
- Please excuse our mess while we remodel April 20, 2017
- Finances continue upward climb for Amory School District April 20, 2017
- Social Security Knowledge Center: Confusion at best April 22, 2017
- Lady Tigers rally late for victory over Lady Noles April 21, 2017
- Panthers can’t overcome early Saltillo lead April 21, 2017
- Errors catch up to Lions against Feds April 21, 2017
- Presley tapped to lead national effort on rural gas expansion April 21, 2017
- Chris Burks: Two awesome superstars!...
- Mike Dryden: The death of Richard Justice was a shock. He was m...
- Steven Robertson: So sorry for the family of both of them! Praying f...
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...