Tennessee man dies in 18-wheeler accident on Alternate 45
UPDATE: Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley identified Chad Mitchell Blankenship, 32, 248 State Route 186 North, Humboldt, Tenn., as the man who died in the accident on Highway 45 Alternate Monday.
Cause of death is multiple trauma, Gurley said. Blankenship was wearing a seatbelt and he was the only person in his truck. Blankenship was airlifted to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo where he died at 1:41 p.m., Monday.
A section of the northbound lanes of Highway 45 Alternate was shut down Monday afternoon in north Monroe County as a result of an accident involving two 18-wheelers.
According to Mississippi Highway Patrolman Brian C. Mobley, a call was received at approximately 11:09 a.m.
It appeared that one 18-wheeler struck the other one from behind. One of the drivers was airlifted.
There is no official word yet on the condition of either driver.
Bricks being transported by one truck and pieces of metal from the accident were strewn over a section of Alternate 45.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol, the Mississippi Department of Transportation and the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office were on the scene of the accident.
- Jones named Amory School District’s Administrator of Year
- Monroe County School District dismisses amid social media post
- Renasant Bank makes $479,600 bid for River Birch
- The centurion, the family man, the legend: A look back at Moses Hardy’s life
- MCSO, U.S. Marshals run registered sex offenders compliance check
- School board votes on long-term substitute teacher pay cut
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Monroe JournalMonroe Journal is the Weekly newspaper of Monroe County in Mississippi located in Amory, Mississippi
- Plane crash claims life of Hatley pilot, passenger March 28, 2017
- Sister of fallen officer issues stern message to unknown killer March 23, 2017
- Aberdeen aldermen talk seeks solution for adjudication funding shortfall March 29, 2017
- Hamilton takes down Louisville with ease March 29, 2017
- Lady Tigers hold off late surge from Lady Noles March 29, 2017
- Belle-Shivers Middle School art show rescheduled March 30, 2017
- High winds overturn house trailer March 30, 2017
- MCSO charges Aberdeen man with offenses March 30, 2017
- Funeral arrangements planned for passenger of plane crash March 30, 2017
- Lady Lions strike late to top Lady Tigers March 30, 2017
- Mike Dryden: The death of Richard Justice was a shock. He was m...
- Steven Robertson: So sorry for the family of both of them! Praying f...
- Carol Bray: Their, not there. Not just once, but multiple time...
- Jill Haney: Totally agree. ...
- Jimmy Williams: GREAT STORY...