Aberdeen woman loses life in traffic accident
AMORY – A motor vehicle accident Thursday claimed the life of Angela R. Johnson, 34, of Aberdeen, according to Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley. The accident occurred just west of the 278 and highway 25 intersection in Amory
Johnson was going west on highway 278 in a Dodge Avenger when she collided head on with an 18 wheeler going east. She was transported to Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory where she was pronounced dead on arrival. According to a release from Gurley, the cause of death was multiple trauma.
Johnson was not wearing a seatbelt. The driver of the truck was transported to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. His condition is unknown at this time.
The accident is under investigation by the Amory Police Department.
This was the fourth fatality in 11 days in Monroe County due to automobile accidents.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Hope Cross
- Aberdeen mayor opens meeting with talk of attorney general’s office investigation February 15, 2017
- The joy of growing extends with upcoming community garden season February 17, 2017
- Lady Tigers close out regular season with victory February 17, 2017
- Real healing works from the inside out February 18, 2017
- Amory’s Koehn, Pressley, Stevens represent at all-star game February 18, 2017
- Angler with Monroe County connections wins Florida bass tournament February 21, 2017
- First year coach’s plan is to farm baseball fundamentals back in Aberdeen February 21, 2017
- Amory man arrested for credit card fraud February 20, 2017
- Tupelo native featured speaker of Lunching with Books February 20, 2017
- Supervisors mull change in policies, people and places February 20, 2017
- Gene Ward: Remember, Goliath was a forty point favorite over ...
- Jamie August: Awesome article = is that correct ? only 2 staff m...
- John Nancy Bishop: What time is this on 18th? Want to be there!...
- Mallory P Johnston: The formation of this article isn't written as an...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016...